Good versitile sneakers

Options
Okay I need some suggestions. I feel like there are way too many sneakers to choose from. My main forms of exercise are hiking and at home DVDs and weight training so I need something with a thick enough sole that when I am hiking I don't have rocks rip through the bottom and destroy them (which is what happened to my last pair), and light weight enough that they aren't clunky while I hike and I can wear them at home while working out. I am not opposed to buying a pair of mens sneakers either so feel free to chime in fellas!

Replies

• rcillo219
    rcillo219 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Really? No suggestions?
  • jonchew
    jonchew Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'd buy hiking shoes for hiking & a lightweight workout shoe for your indoor work.
    I know... absolutely no help at all, right??
  • Growtinymusclesgrow
    Options
    I would not purchase one shoe for both. Hiking shoes and athletic shoes are completely different. You tell me what dollar area you want to be around and I will give you some solid advice (or at least try).
  • rcillo219
    Options
    Thanks! I was trying not to spend too much maybe no more then $100. I know I should probably get two different pairs but I really can't afford two expensive pairs lol hence trying to find one good expensive pair.
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Look into trail running shoes. They are designed for running on more rugged terrain so they are not as heavy as, say, a hiking boot, and they are flexible, but they are usually sturdier and more protective than a straight running shoe. Saucony and Asics are my favorite brands of athletic shoe, but if you have a running store in your area, I would recommend going in and getting fitted and asking for a recommendation for a trail running shoe. Also, you will be able to try on several pairs and walk the store in them and feel what works for you

And, hey....for a shoe that will potentially last you at least 6-7 months, if you spend 150 on it that's $25 a month. Your health is worth $25 a month. ;)
  • rcillo219
    Options
    Yes a trail running shoe is pretty much exactly what I'm looking for. I mean to be honest at the end of the day I can get a pair of champion sneakers from payless for $25 for my indoor workouts and every day use. My main concern is something stable for while I am hiking/jogging through the woods. Also, I haven't resorted to the cheap payless shoes for indoor only because I do want to make sure while I'm moving around either dancing or doing something like 30DS I have a good supportive shoe on and don't sprain my ankle or something. Decisions, decisions....lol
  • kareinlib
    Options
    I really wouldn't buy one pair of shoes for both. They're very different exercises and especially if you'll be using them indoor vs. outdoors.. I'd buy two pairs, I think.
  • FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I have adidas kanadia 4 trail shoes. I use them for outdoor and gym running, 30 day shred, they're so comfortable!
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I use Women's K-Swiss Blade-Max Trail they are waterproof and so far no rocks have crept in. Some onlines store have them for $130. Shop around I found mine for $70.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    My question is, do you really want to dirty your floors with trail mud? Personally, if I'm indoors I'm barefoot. That includes lifting, HIIT, yoga, etc.
  • DevSea
    Options
    It's kind of hard to pick a shoe for running and hiking. If you'd like a shoe that is more designed for running, but also works for hiking, you should try puma. They have a thin sole, but they're light weight, and mine have lasted 8 months so far. However, if you want a shoe more for hiking, but also work for running, I'd pick the new Adidas shoes. They're lightweight, and they have a good sole (But not Nike thick, if you know what I mean). I think the Adidas would be great, but Pumas are cheaper (although they're both less than $100). Good luck with whatever you choose!
  • rcillo219
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I'm going to shop around for a sneaker to wear hiking and just get a pair of like champions or something for indoor/every day use. Much appreciated :flowerforyou: