weight fluctuating

Options
why does my weight fluctuate so much throughout the day? I was down from my start weight of 219 to 216 this morning (yay me!) and now I'm back up to 217.5....I had carrots. seriously??? i know i didnt eat 1.5 pounds of carrots. Why does this change so much??

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,042 Member
    Options
    uh. Two cups of coffee? Some water?

Stop weighing yourself multiple times a day.
  • tinad120
    tinad120 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Don't weight yourself multiple times a day. That will just drive you crazy.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    What kind of tolerances do you think your scale has?
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Never weigh yourself later in the day again unless you're doing it purposefully to see how much weight you've gained since that morning.

Your weight fluctuates because you eat, drink, pee, and poop. It will go up and down based on what's coming in and going out of your body throughout the day. If you step on a scale and weigh 215, step off the scale and chug two cups of water, then step back on the scale, you'll probably be 216. You didn't gain a pound. You aren't a pound fatter. You simply have a pound of water in your body that you didn't have a moment ago.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Fluctuations are normal. Stop weighing yourself so much!
  • samlankford
    Options
    salt plays a big part in that.. I weigh my self every evening (usually) and then every morning... I like to see how my system does throughout the day with different foods... :bigsmile:
  • Daxxes
    Daxxes Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    It's very normal for your weight to fluctuate throughout the day. Best way to keep an accurate record is to weigh yourself at the same time each day (usually first thing in the morning after you've done your usual "business"), wearing the same clothes (or no clothes). I usually find I can weigh several pounds pounds more at night than in the morning.

Congrats on your loss so far ... keep up the good work!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • kendraleigh88
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss so far!
    I'm going to agree with everyone and say fluctuations are normal. If you're going to weigh yourself daily, do it first thing in the morning when you wake up AFTER you go to the washroom. Don't weigh yourself more than that as the fluctuations will discourage you.