Where did you meet your spouce/bf/gf/partner?

Options

Replies

• LifeChangingExp8512
    Options
    :love: Right here on MFP...
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Online - match.com :flowerforyou: Now married:heart:
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Met my wife on Plenty of Fish :)
  • astrylian
    astrylian Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    World of Warcraft. :smokin:
  • icyeyes317
    icyeyes317 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Auto Zone. I was a manager, he was one of my customers. I got retarded girly when he would come in...I used to pretend I was counting the safe so I could catch my breath and think.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    A rock bar in Newcastle, UK. Complete lust at first sight.
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    met my spouse my senior year in highschool and this is our 12 year anniversary. still going strong
  • seasicksquid
    seasicksquid Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I was working at a late night dive bar after losing my "real people job," he was a friend of a friend and became a regular after he met me. He'd stay up on the weekends with me until 6-7am talking, helping me get through the long shifts and going to breakfast with me afterwards.

Turns out, despite the fact that he is from halfway across the world, my flatmate in college in South Africa was his best friend in high school in Zambia. And we met in New Orleans. Small world and I love him to pieces.
  • whwalker123
    Options
    At a dark oh SO romantic dive bar. We've been together for over a year and a half :)
  • brainfreeze72
    brainfreeze72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    On a social networking site while his National Guard unit from VA was deployed overseas with the National Guard unit from my area. He came home in November 2007 and we married in May 2008. He bought the engagement ring before he'd ever met me in person.
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    OkCupid.com 2 years ago :)
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    college
  • gio407
    Options
    Match.com :)
  • thenewkayla08
    thenewkayla08 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    We met on "plentyoffish.com". Been together for 4 years and married for 6 months. The absolute love of my life :)
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I asked him to be my tutor in college based solely on the grounds that he was cute. I was at the top of my class (he had no idea), and who needs a tutor for a life drawing (nudes) class anyway? My plot was pretty transparent. We've been together 8 years now.

PS: He told me he never would have approached me on his own, and was happy I made the first move. Lesson learned. Don't wait for the the things you want to come to you. Go get it!
  • Skoochy19
    Options
    plentyoffish.com
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    1st grade :)

woowww 1st grade. ya'll been together FORRREVVVERRRR!!!

Hahaha well I did tell him in the second grade we would get married. He didn't believe me and now it's coming true in the near future.

We were best buddies throughout grade school then shifted into "just friends" in middle school. We graduated in 8th and went onto separate high schools and lost touch. We reconnected over 2 years ago and we're happily together, still passing notes to each other when we get the chance :)
  • Tarin626
    Tarin626 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    On a bus - que laughter - over 12 and a 1/2 years ago...married almost 4 years now :-)
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Would you believe on AOL? 18 years ago, when AOL pretty much was the internet and we paid by the minute for use and dial up.
    Spent about $700 on the first 2 months.

I moved from Virginia to Arizona to be with her.
  • willhare
    willhare Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Match.com…oddly enough, both of us were about to let our memberships expire since we both barely used it, but sometimes a tiny thumbnail of a beautiful face is worth clicking on. I clicked, I winked, we emailed and texted nonstop for about 3 weeks until our schedules allowed us to meet for the first time…the rest is history. We've been married now for 8 months today. We both still laugh a little when people ask how we met. Neither of us thought much of online dating, but I'm glad we both gave it that one last chance!