How Much Do You Spend Per Week For Groceries?

Options
thatyogagirl
thatyogagirl Posts: 50 Member
My husband and I have been saving a lot of money since we started eating healthier and I started cooking more. So it has been both, cheaper and healthier for us. But I 've heard a lot of people saying that buying healthy groceries is not always cheaper than buying not so healthy foods...so, in order to keep a healthy diet, How Much Do You Spend Per Week For Groceries? (Sorry if my grammar is't perfect, English is my second language)

For my Husband, our dog and me: $100-150 USD per week (Includes dinner at a restaurant once every week or 2 weeks)

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    $100-$200 a week, that's for me, my fiance, our dog, and our cat.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    $250-300

But that includes diapers for twins. That feeds a family of 5 and the dog.
  • AmelodyAngel
    AmelodyAngel Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    $100 a week.... family of 3 and an occasional out to eat dinner! ( $400 a month!)
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    $200-$250 per week...we are a family of 4, my husband and I are both bulking, so naturally our grocery bill is bulking too
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
  • Ash_ah_lee
    Ash_ah_lee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    50/week its just me :)
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Groceries are groceries. Eating out is not groceries.

I spend about $100/mo. But, working on reducing that to $50. Hit $80 this week.

But, I eat out for every lunch, and I might eat out once a week for either dinner or breakfast.
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    BF and I do ~$150 every other week.
  • HRCephei
    HRCephei Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Single dad with 2 boys (4 & 7) I spend around $200 a week and still have to fight my 7 year old for the scraps...
  • Shawty_Ro
    Options
    £50 per week just me :sad: :sad:

lol :flowerforyou:
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    300 for my daughter, my boyfriend and myself.
  • HRCephei
    HRCephei Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    300 for my daughter, my boyfriend and myself.

Wow, you guys must eat really well.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    $250-300. But that includes diapers for twins. That feeds a family of 5 and the dog.

$260-$300 a week for a family of five, but that includes non-food (laundry detergent, soap, TP) things. It probably is $230-$270 in food.
  • liittlebrunette
    liittlebrunette Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Me and my boyfriend spend around $60-100 a week.. depending on how much meat we need to buy (I like to stock up when its on sale!)
  • Turtlehurdle
    Options
    $200
  • AlexandraLynch
    Options
    We get $360 in food stamps for the two of us, and we pretty much spend it every month. It goes down when I'm not having high levels of chronic pain, because it's hard for me to cook from scratch when I can't walk on my foot.

I would say we spend perhaps $30 past that on non-food household items including cat food and litter, cleaning products, paper products, etc. I'm moving towards using rags for everything but draining fried foods and wiping mirrors, and have my eye on a squirt bottle that would replace some of the uses of toilet paper. I don' t know that I can get the cats trained to use the toilet, but some people have, heaven knows....

I could spend less but I buy meat from a local butcher who will hand cut to my specifications. That's useful. I also do quantity prep work once every two weeks or so, chopping onions, frying up hamburger, making sauces, etc. so that when I hurt too much to cook I can nuke some real food.