Where did you meet your spouce/bf/gf/partner?

Options

Replies

• jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    We met almost 4.5 years ago at a bar playing trivia... we are getting married in 3 weeks :)
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I was working at a late night dive bar after losing my "real people job," he was a friend of a friend and became a regular after he met me. He'd stay up on the weekends with me until 6-7am talking, helping me get through the long shifts and going to breakfast with me afterwards.

Turns out, despite the fact that he is from halfway across the world, my flatmate in college in South Africa was his best friend in high school in Zambia. And we met in New Orleans. Small world and I love him to pieces.

Wow, that is an amazing story!

As for me and my husband, we met in law school. I thought he was cute when we met, but we were both dating other people. We had lots of mutual friends but didn't hang out until we ran into each other at a mutual friend's barbecue the following summer (about six months after we'd each broken up with our respective SOs), and from there on out we hung out together just about every night. That was 8 years ago, and we've been married for nearly 6 years :smile:
  • p0kers0ph
    p0kers0ph Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I met mine around 7 years ago, we worked at the same place.
    We were just collegues tbh, I left the job after about 9 months. His ex removed alot of his female friends off his facebook, including me, so we lost contact.
    One day, 6 years later! I got a message on facebook from him, asking me how I was, what I was up to etc.
    The rest is history so they say.
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    I knew him when I was younger...and I guess you can say I chased him on facebook 9 years later lol...and we're around 3.5 yrs together and going strong!
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Would you believe on AOL? 18 years ago, when AOL pretty much was the internet and we paid by the minute for use and dial up.
    Spent about $700 on the first 2 months.

I moved from Virginia to Arizona to be with her.

I remember that! Hard to believe that AOL is not the master of the internet that it once was.
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    first met in my front yard. He came over to meet a friend of mine who he had been talking to on the phone. Met again about a year later at a friend's house. Met again about a year after that through the guy I was dating. Met again about 2 years later through that same guy again, and decided to hook up. Nearly 25 years later, we are best friends and sometimes lovers.
  • akillaah
    akillaah Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I met my husband on an online videogame 4 years ago. He moved from Missouri to Toronto to be with me :D - we've been married 3 years :)
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Match.com…oddly enough, both of us were about to let our memberships expire since we both barely used it, but sometimes a tiny thumbnail of a beautiful face is worth clicking on. I clicked, I winked, we emailed and texted nonstop for about 3 weeks until our schedules allowed us to meet for the first time…the rest is history. We've been married now for 8 months today. We both still laugh a little when people ask how we met. Neither of us thought much of online dating, but I'm glad we both gave it that one last chance!

Lots of people meet online nowadays - I think those match commercials might be pretty accurate when they say 1 out of 5 (or whatever it is) relationships start online. My cousin met his wife on match, and one of my good friends has a long-term boyfriend whom she met on match. You never know where you might meet your perfect mate!
  • jamacattack
    jamacattack Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Work... I'm the boss at work, he's the boss at home (well, I let him think he is anyway!) :smile:
  • BreakingUpWithObesity2013
    Options
    Online thru yahoo 1.5 years ago and marrying him in 3 weeks =)
  • poetictraveller
    poetictraveller Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    He won me in a bet....10 years ago :)
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    My wife & I met through a dating service called Perfect Match. Best money I ever spent.
  • Rdahl2
    Options
    Me and my fiance met at the state fair. Funny thing was I was not gonna go because it was getting late and my parents were pretty strict but they changed their mind. My fiance and his friends were on their way to the movies and just happened to drive past and decided to go in for a bit and walk around. We met eachother near a photo booth, our friends were ready to go and pretty much pulled us away from eachother during a conversation. He called me a half hour later and we stayed on the phone for hours and pretty much started dating from that time. Here we are 14years later! ;-)
  • thatsingingchick
    Options
    Through friends. Described my perfect man to a friend, and apparently she knew this guy on the other side of the country...
    Moved from FL to WA to be with him almost 5 years ago now.
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Met my husband in August of 2008 when I enrolled my daughter in a karate summer camp, he was one of her instructors... Then told my daughter I thought he was cute.. she said mama he is too young for you (didn't realize it but he was only 19 at the time)... So I let it be, plus he did have a live in girlfriend at the time... In October of 2008 I started taking karate classes also..... long story short we became friends and by November of 2009 we began dating... Married April 2012.(my 2nd marriage his 1st).. Just bought a house and am the happiest I've ever been. He's 12 yrs younger than me.. guess that technically makes me a cougar??!! LOL
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    Craigslist.
  • Needtobefitandslimagain
    Options
    My single friend 2 years ago :)
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Dear Abby - Any Service Member
    wrote a letter back in the EARLY 90's to any service member- hubs was in the Army - and picked out my letter from the pile - became penpals for years, and then......the rest is history....lol

Aww, this is awesome!

I met my BF here, on MFP
  • Glamorous_RN
    Options
    MFP The man with the most handsome breath taking smile ive ever laid eyes on <3
  • ogriffix
    Options
    On a text based DikuMUD (and if you know what that is.. i'm impressed, lol!)
    I gotta know what is it!?