Has anyone tried Jillian Michaels detox and/or diet pills?

Options
Just curious as to if either one has done any good? I was considering picking them up and giving it a whirl but wanted to get some feedback first.
I want to incorporate it into my daily routine of exercise and healthy eating.
SO...is this stuff any good?

Thanks
Kristen

Replies

• MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I have no idea, but I am curious about them too. Hopefully someone will post :-)
  • JaneanAriel
    JaneanAriel Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about getting the detox/cleanse pills tonight. I've been feeling bloated and I'm going to give it a try. I've been reading the Reviews on gnc.com and not many people are happy about it. I don't know what to do... SMH
  • JaneanAriel
    Options
    I'm thinking about getting the detox/cleanse pills tonight. I've been feeling bloated and I'm going to give it a try. I've been reading the Reviews on gnc.com and not many people are happy about it. I don't know what to do... SMH
  • JaneanAriel
    Options
  • leasalin
    leasalin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am in week 1 of the detox and the only thing I can tell is that I pee a lot more, which may be flushing stuff out. I have been drinking a lot of water to try and get it moving. I start the 2nd week, which I think is adding the anti-oxidants back in (plus something else I don't remember), so I'm not sure what that will bring.
    My friend and I have also been taking the fat burners, although we have been taking them different that whats on the box. We started out by taking 1 in the morning and then up'd it to 2 in the morining. And that seems to be doing the trick for both of us. Although I could use some more umph in the afternoon. But I not totally sure if they ever really give me umph, which I have felt with other fat burners. So I find it to be mild as far as energy level.
    So that's my 2 cents!
  • PaigeG
    PaigeG Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    After seeing your post, I went and checked out the reviews. Bottom line - it is not a product for weight loss. You may feel less bloated due to the process but that's about it. It's a pretty expensive product to not seem a long term, lasting result. In my opinion, you are best to just try to eat right and within your calories and exercise and save your money. If you think you need something for your bowels, try those probiotic yogurts. They work great!!
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    I have not tried it personally but I heard good things about the diet pills from a friend of mine. She said the only thing about them was that they made her a little jittery in a cant stand still kind of way. Im glad that you want to incorporate it into a healthy lifestyle, my advice is before u buy, look up the ingredients in them on line and research the ingredients just to know what you are putting in your body.
  • crb63
    crb63 Posts: 1
    Options
    If I had to guess, I would say Jillian Michaels, though a great inspiration, did not get a degree in pharmacology and create these pills herself. First, ask yourself why you want to take "detox" pills. If it is because you want to lose weight, forget it. Spend a week and eat little fat and lots of salads, vegetables, and less salt. What you will see is that the detox pills will tell you to drink a ton of water. You can do that without taking pills. This will make you pee alot, but not necessarily "detoxify" you. Also with lots of water comes decreased sodium in your body, so you may feel less bloated than usual. If you want to detox to "feel better on the inside," I would suggest committing to a very healthy, high fiber, reduced calorie, sodium and red meat-intake diet...track your food habits in a journal, and compare your feelings about your body with your dietary habits.

Last bit about the fat burners, the main ingredients in lots of those pills are caffeine. This is considered a major factor in "burning fat" because caffeine, as everyone knows, helps you do more exercise because you literally are more awake and energetic to do so. My suggestion:save the money and have a cup of (black) coffee with your balanced breakfast (but be sure to drink lots of water throughout the day and eat lots of veggies and vary the colors...the more colors the more vitamins!)
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think I'll stick with my daily routines WITHOUT Jillians detox or diet pills!

crb63 - Great advice!! Thank you.
  • kenya84
    Options
    I am currently taking Jillian's 14 Day Detox/Cleanse and Fat Burn. Today is day 7 for me and I honestly like the product. I did not take the product with the expectations to drop a bunch of weight. I have been feeling super heavy and EXTREMELY bloated, and sluggish lately. After 7 days of just taking the detox/cleanse pills my stomach feels so much better. I am not bloated and I do not feel heavy after I eat.

I am sure that alot of people will have different results. I like it because it doesn't work as a laxative and have you running to the bathroom every ten min. You do pee alot but I am sure that is with the increase of water you are supposed to be drinking with the product.

I am a little nervous about the next 7 days, I do not like taking fat burners or things of that nature, but I am going to give it a shot. I got my kit from walmart for $28, I would suggest that you try it if you are looking for a cleanse and not expecting to drop a bunch of weight. I am pretty sure there is a money back guarantee.
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    Options
    Today is day 2 (started it yesterday evening) of the JM Detox/Cleanse 7 day then the 7 day probiotic which I am sure is the same kit everyone else mentioned. Did do a #2 in the bathroom shortly after taking the pills but nothing major to where I can't leave my house LOL, today i'll be drinking a lot of water to push everything out. I didn't take it with the expectation of losing a lot of weight but to get rid of the belly bloat and regain energy. Not to mention try and kickstart health"ier" eating.
  • Chiny
    Options
    Started Friday evening and now it's Monday morning, don't really feel like it's making much of a difference. I can have a BM 2 maybe 3 times a day. Have never really done a detox/cleanse before so I don't have anything to compare it to. On a good note I don't feel sick or anything.
  • Chiny
    Options
    Finished the detox & cleanse and can't say I feel a change or notice a thing, seems kinda like a waste of money *shrug* I'm now doing the week of probiotic, just because, it recommends it after the cleanse.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I am currently taking Jillian's 14 Day Detox/Cleanse and Fat Burn. Today is day 7 for me and I honestly like the product. I did not take the product with the expectations to drop a bunch of weight. I have been feeling super heavy and EXTREMELY bloated, and sluggish lately. After 7 days of just taking the detox/cleanse pills my stomach feels so much better. I am not bloated and I do not feel heavy after I eat.

I am sure that alot of people will have different results. I like it because it doesn't work as a laxative and have you running to the bathroom every ten min. You do pee alot but I am sure that is with the increase of water you are supposed to be drinking with the product.

I am a little nervous about the next 7 days, I do not like taking fat burners or things of that nature, but I am going to give it a shot. I got my kit from walmart for $28, I would suggest that you try it if you are looking for a cleanse and not expecting to drop a bunch of weight. I am pretty sure there is a money back guarantee.
    I just got this for $19 and was worried it would act like a laxitive, but my mind is at ease after reading this post.
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options

That is the cutest little boy.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I'll begin by stating, I purchased the product for the "detox" purposes only... no delusion of weight loss. I wasn't willing to spend a hefty price for anything of the sort, but was interested in how a detox would help in the over all well being of oneself. When I found the kit on sale for $19.99 I grabbed it. Now, I am a very "regular" individual, I run like clockwork twice per day, everyday, (sometimes 3) and I must say it's a very happy existence to have a bowel system that works so perfectly. Everything that goes in, goes out. This has never been an issue of mine, both when I was a fit person, and now while I'm trying to get back to being a fit person. The times when I've been sick I've come to realize how aweful it can be to be irregular or experience the ever dreaded 'runs'. For this reason I was concerned that this product may have a side-effect of laxitive effect as that was certainly not something I needed, but that was about it. I am on day 7 currently, and have not pooped in any particularly gratifying manner in 7 days. My 7:30am constitutional is non-existent. When I do poop, somewhere in the region of 12 PM it is not satisfying and leaves me still feeling like... pardon the pun, 'crap'. I don't see a change in peeing either, I pee pretty regularly anyway since I drink a lot of water. I don't feel bloated, but I don't think I ever did. I've felt no particular change in energy or anything else. Nothing is happening, literally. I feel the same as when I came of the morphine after my second knee surgery which caused days without pooping. I suspect this product may be better suited to someone who maybe doesn't have a particularly 'well-oiled machine' in the first place. As for me: Not fun, not good, highly unenjoyable. This can't be healthy. I'm irritable and annoyed.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Ive read all over the place that she is being sued for her diet pills and the detox pills
  • TanyaBowers
    Options
    4 years ago I lost 96 pounds in 6 1/2 months taking her diet pills with exercise and good eating habits too. I had no side effects and felt so energized. Since then I have put on about 70 of the pounds do to medication I was put on. Am trying them again now that the meds are controlled and have lost 6 pounds in 4 days along with exercise and eating well. Energy levels are back up and am feeling great.