NO WILLPOWER

Options
HELLO EVERYONE,

I NEED SUPPORT TRYING TO GET STARTED ON MY JOURNEY TO LOSE WEIGHT. I'VE DONE THIS BEFORE AND WAS SUCCESSFUL AT IT. NOW, IT SEEMS AS IF THERE IS NO HOPE. I FEEL LAZY AND CAN'T SEEM TO GET OVER MY URGE TO EAT FOR NO REASON. I EAT WELL MAJORITY OF THE DAY, THEN IT SEEMS LIKE I WANT TO START EATING EVERYTHING. IM NOT DIETING BUT IM TRYING TO CHANGE MY EATING HABITS. I STILL HAVE A CRAVING FOR ALOT OF THINGS I LOVE FOR EXAMPLE " SWEETS." I DON'T WANT TO CUT THESE OUT OF MY DIET AND THEN CRAVE FOR THEM AND RESORT BACK TO OLD WAYS. IM FEELING DISAPPOINTED WITH MY SELF PHYSICALLY AND EMOTIONALLY. IF SOMEONE WOULD PLEASE OFFER ME SOME SUGGESTIONS THAT WILL HELP ME TO GET STARTED. I HAVE EVEN STARTED TO EXERCISE ON A REGULAR BASIS BUT CAN'T STOP OVEREATING!

Replies

• stacey1981
    stacey1981 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I would love to be here for support! Please add me!:)
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Changing your habits is the hardest part. It gets easier, I promise! For now, start slow. Don't change everything all at once. I started with breakfast. Instead of getting a couple donuts or a greasy bfast sandwich at the coffee shop I eat oatmeal and a banana usually. Then once it's going well, fix up your lunch, etc. It takes time but I've been on my "journey" for 5 months now and the first two months were the hardest. Since then it's been a breeze because I've broken my old habits and created new ones. I can't imagine going back now.

Also, you never have to cut out sweets! Just work on moderation and fit them into your calories for the day when you feel that you really need one. My thing is donuts. I used to have 2 every morning. Now I have one, once a month. But it took time. I started with a couple times a week, then once a week, then every other week, now once a month.
  • babecon
    babecon Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Snap! I was doing great then started a new job and messed up my routine, suddenly om-nomming everything. Anyone wana do some kinda no snack challenge with me?
    Or a <100 cals kinda thing? Snacking is definitely my downfall
  • joannejones3
    joannejones3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I do believe I need to make small changes. One donut a month is a big change. I must at least have a snack daily. I will definately start small I believe that will be most effective this time around. Thanks Again! Good Luck as you continue to lose weight.
  • joannejones3
    Options
    A new job can definately effect your routine. I think it's a mind thing. You just have to sit down and re-adjust some things. Currently, I'm not working but when I go back to work hopefully that doesnt get in my way. Better yet IT'S NOT gonna get in the way of my goals. I'm tired of making excuses for myself. As far as the 100-calorie snacks ALL of my snacks exceed that amount of calories!
  • joannejones3
    Options
    Thanks! You look great to be a mom of three. I have 3 children also, and look and feel miserable. Im 100 pounds from my original weight. I can feel it all over my body for sure. What strategies did you use help you lose weight?