SENSA - Has anyone tried it?

Hi there, has anyone tried SENSA the stuff your sprinkle on your food? I have the trial, just started, but wondered if
anyone has tried it and been successful? I am someone that is going through depression and have gained so much
weight due to stress eating. I just gave up caring about me, with all that has been going on in my life. I KNOW what to
do to lose weight, its just doing it, and saw quite a few success stories other places and thought maybe that is just what I need
to give myself a kick start. Thanks!

Replies

• senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    I got it and it did nothing. Probably because I was simply unable to be 100% with it - I would miss one meal a day usually due to various reasons. Sometimes I just forgot and soemtimes I didnt have it with me. Now I have like 4 months supply and gave up on it long ago :)

If you canb keep up with it maybe it wil help you - good luck!
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    If you know why you gained weight (depression, stopped caring, etc) Sensa is not going to fix any of that. Just sayin.
  • luv2hate
    luv2hate Posts: 38 Member
    how does magic sprinkles work? if u sprinkle it over chicken or fatty foods will it still help u lose weight> not being a smart *kitten*, but i was thinking of this awhile back
  • I tried Sensa, if you are lactose intolerant it will cause problems with your stomach. I can drink milk but that just didn't agree with me at all, had to return but they gave me no problem when I called to discuss.
  • kfitzpa
    kfitzpa Posts: 326
    I don't buy it at all. I cringe when I see the commercials and they're attempting to lead people to believe that if you sprinkle sensa on your greasy *kitten* pizza or cheesesteak you're gonna lose weight. You should think of your weight loss effort as an entire lifestyle change... are you going to be sprinkling an artificial appetite supressant on your food for the rest of your life? I think not. Ditch it, do it the right way.
  • You can do this if you keep with it, I have only done 5 days and am down 4 lbs, I did the weight watchers cost me $120 to get the coupons and I didn't have as much control as I do watching my calories everyday on MFP, I'm loving this site so far :)
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    I think one of the side effects is that it makes you eat less and excersize. :bigsmile:
  • Agreed
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    I haven't tried it but I've heard it makes your food taste like crap...which I guess it one way to decrease portions... ugh
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Yeah, sprinkle this white powder on your food, you'll DEFINITELY lose weight. And it DEFINITELY isn't cocaine.
  • I tried it and quit at the end of the 2nd month. I actually gained 2 lbs., so 1 lb a month. I thought it would help me lose. Whatever. Expensive lesson learned.:ohwell:
  • iancranerocks
    iancranerocks Posts: 22 Member
    All of the magic pills and powders scare me. Look at what happened to the people who succumbed to the allure of phen phen. No thanks.

IMHO, exercise is the best way to kick start your results. It might be a hassle at first, but within a month of regular exercise, exercising starts to feel *really great* and you can drop weight faster than you might expect that way. The key for me was to find a way to make it fun so it didn't feel like a chore. Riding a bike, watching videos while on an elliptical or dancing / boxing on the XBox Kinect all do that for me - especially the XBox - I get caught up in the competition and next thing I know I've burned in the neighborhood of 1000 calories.
  • iancranerocks
    iancranerocks Posts: 22 Member
    Amen. Nothing has ever motivated or empowered me like MFP.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Here's the biggest reason in the world to avoid Sensa - it's only supported by research that the company that sells it has done. No one else has replicated their results.

'The company's weight loss evidence is based on a few company-sponsored "clinical" studies (not to be confused with a clinical trial, which is the gold standard for research) done by Hirsch. These studies have not been published in a peer-reviewed medical journal.

The lack of published scientific evidence on Sensa, along with a lack of diet and fitness guidelines to accompany the product, raise a red flag for some nutrition experts.

"This is not a magic bullet. There is no magic sprinkle. This isn’t even a diet," says diet and fitness expert, Pamela Peeke, MD. "It oversimplifies the complex physiology and psychology associated with appetite."

She adds that there is nothing unique about the list of ingredients in the tastants.' - http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/truth-about-sensa
  • i used it for 3 mths , i found when iused it i would get natious during my meal and couldnt eat. i too forgot to use it 100% therefore maybe i would have lost more. some months tasted better than the rest. overall i stopped it too with a huge supply left over, not real impressed for the money.
  • I know something you can take that will make you magically lose weight!
    Aerobics classes.
    :)
  • popzork
    popzork Posts: 78 Member
    I tried it for one day. It made me queasy and felt a bit like an upper - so in that respect, I suppose it works. But, I really didn't like feeling "off", so I gave it back to the person who let me try it.
    1258936 Posts: 115 Member
    Don't believe the hype. Diet and excercise will bust fat and lifestyle changes will keep it off. If someone tells you otherwise, they are probably trying to sell you somethying.
    this addage keeps me from doing things like Sensa - "a fool and his money are soon parted".