stuck in a rut

Options
Ok guys, last june I started dieting and working out. well i've gone from 230lbs then to 158lbs now. my problem is that i was loosing weight pretty steadily till this past month. in the last 30 days I have not lost a single pound. I eat 1200 calories a day and I do cardio for 1 hour and strength train for 1 hour every day. I thought that maybe the fat was turning to muscle so that's why I wasn't seeing it on the scale but I haven't lost any inches either. I have 20 more pounds to go. I am so close but feel so far away. Why is this last 20lbs harder to lose than the 70lbs that I have already lost. HELP!!!!!

Replies

• ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Ok guys, last june I started dieting and working out. well i've gone from 230lbs then to 158lbs now. my problem is that i was loosing weight pretty steadily till this past month. in the last 30 days I have not lost a single pound. I eat 1200 calories a day and I do cardio for 1 hour and strength train for 1 hour every day. I thought that maybe the fat was turning to muscle so that's why I wasn't seeing it on the scale but I haven't lost any inches either. I have 20 more pounds to go. I am so close but feel so far away. Why is this last 20lbs harder to lose than the 70lbs that I have already lost. HELP!!!!!
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Are you eating your exercise calories?
  • ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    no, just 1200 total
  • jfischer
    jfischer Posts: 3
    Options
    Look at your sodium intake....you shuld have between 1000 and 1500 grams of sodium per day. Also make sure you're drinking lots of water....:smile: that seemed to help me get over the plateau....
  • mommy2js
    mommy2js Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    EAT YOUR EXERCISE CALORIES!!! with less to lose, your body is freaking out! trust me, i did the EXACT same thing and started losing again about 2.5 weeks after I started eating my exercise calories. LESS IS NOT MORE HERE!