Can you do a Kettlebell workout with Carpal Tunnel Sydrome?

Options
Would a person with Carpal Tunnel Sydrome be able to do Kettlebell workouts? I have a mild case of them that causes wrist pain, so before I do purchase the kettlebell system, I thought I would post here to see if any others have had problems...

Replies

• JLO2164
    JLO2164 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    bump
  • entonline
    entonline Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm sure everyone's specific CTS injury is different, but I worked out with my trainer today with a Kettlebell with no problem. I have carpal tunnel, an ulnar nerve injury, and what's commonly called golfer's elbow-was very worried about how each of these would affect strength training. So far so good! My orthopedic surgeon actually suggested increasing strength training (in addition to the physical therapy we'd already done). Two tips from my trainer: don't select a bell weight that's too heavy and use your legs to help with movement to reduce strain on your wrist :-)

Best of luck!
  • teejamajay2
    teejamajay2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I had carpel surgery 3 yrs ago (I am a pianist) and they (yes I did both hands surgery) are finally feeling better and just tonight I tried the kettle bell and NOT a problem at all! I did just the beginner session so I could get into it easy and so far, so good. It was actually a blast!
  • JLO2164
    JLO2164 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback! I think I'll give it a try!