I just can't believe I did this!

Options
Last October I adopted a baby. This snapped me into realizing I was killing myself and I would NOT be alive to see her grow up. I was smoking two packs of cigs a day (for 25 years) and took chantix and quit! Sadly, already morbidly obese, I gained nine pounds (probably since I substituted reeses peanut butter cups for cigs :)

Well as of today I have lost 65 pounds! My weight as of this morning is 199!!!!!!!!!!!!! No 2 in the front!!!!!!!!!!! I am so very happy and just wanted to share in case anyone is thinking about a lifestyle change. If I can do it so can you!

I eat 70 percent clean and 30 percent processed (darn snacks!) and of course I use myfitnesspal! I have never in my life felt so wonderful and I owe it all to my daughter and my trainer! For exercise I do Body Pump five days a week and I LOVE IT!

Replies

• sweetyedie
    sweetyedie Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    So so proud of you and I'm looking forward to the day when I don't see a 2 in front of my weight
  • LisaY76
    LisaY76 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to quit smoking myself. But I'm afraid I will start to gain all the weight back that I've lost already. Smoking sure does make exercising a whole lot harder. I will quit when I'm ready...I know I will. I'm determined.

I am enveous of you for quitting and losing 65 lbs. Good for you! You go girl. It is something that many of us try and fail at many many times in our lives.

Enormous accomplishment :flowerforyou:
  • MeccaLoves2Sleep
    MeccaLoves2Sleep Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I too am looking for the 2 in front... 9 lbs to go. I saw that you take Body Pump 5 times a week, I take it too (twice a week though) and was wondering how many calories you log as burned. I have 390 as the average off of some website, but by no means know if that is the correct amount.

Thanks!
  • zmzmzm19
    zmzmzm19 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you on a job well done!! That is awesome. I was thrilled and did a happy dance all day when the "2" disappeared in front of my weight, that is such a good feeling!! Best wishes to you............keep up the awesome work!! :flowerforyou:
  • adila1979
    Options
    congratulations! It couldn't have been easy to make such a drastic change, especially if you'd been a smoker for so many years. You have a great deal of willpower and I guess the most important motivation, your daughter! I can't wait for the day my own weight starts with a 1 instead of a 2! Best wishes :)
  • vickilm1976
    vickilm1976 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look fantastic! What a great role model for your adorable little girl, WTG!
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    That's phenomenal on all counts, well done for the weight loss and congratulations on the adoption...
  • ravengirl1611
    ravengirl1611 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Last October I adopted a baby. This snapped me into realizing I was killing myself and I would NOT be alive to see her grow up. I was smoking two packs of cigs a day (for 25 years) and took chantix and quit! Sadly, already morbidly obese, I gained nine pounds (probably since I substituted reeses peanut butter cups for cigs :)

Well as of today I have lost 65 pounds! My weight as of this morning is 199!!!!!!!!!!!!! No 2 in the front!!!!!!!!!!! I am so very happy and just wanted to share in case anyone is thinking about a lifestyle change. If I can do it so can you!

I eat 70 percent clean and 30 percent processed (darn snacks!) and of course I use myfitnesspal! I have never in my life felt so wonderful and I owe it all to my daughter and my trainer! For exercise I do Body Pump five days a week and I LOVE IT!

Congrats - just found out today I've lost my first 5lbs - bless you for doing body pump 5 days a week - tried it once and though my legs were going to fall off - but Im working my way back to it - keep up the good work!!!!!
  • penniemh
    penniemh Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Good for you all around!! ((I was smoking 3 packs/day when I quit, if *I* can quit anyone can.))
  • randysbombshellgirl
    Options
    Great job keep it up!!!!
  • bailbondbabs
    Options
    Thank you! :smile:
  • bailbondbabs
    Options
    I did not mean to just post thank you lol. Congrats to all of you! The fact we are even here is amazing! Body Pump I add 400 calories burned :) Again, wow, thank you guys so much, this has been a wonderful day.

FYI I gave the scale to my mom for three weeks so I could take a break from weighing ;) My trainer says the way my clothes fit is everything!
  • rosarenee1
    rosarenee1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Good job! That is very impressive!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    awesome very inspiring
  • aimeesmith1970
    Options
    I love this so much!!! I can't wait to see the rest of what you accomplish! <3
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    That is so FANTASTIC...Great job...keep it up...
  • LifestyleChange33
    LifestyleChange33 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: ONE-derland, woot!!
  • bailbondbabs
    Options
    Thank ya'll so much! I am so happy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!