What Day is best to weekly weigh in?

Options
Which day and time is best to do for your weekly weigh in? I want to start logging everything. I try not to get disappointed when it hasn't moved, I try to think about inches not just being scale obsessed.

Replies

• Paedaris
    Paedaris Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think it's just personal preference. For example, I weigh myself every Sunday, and I don't worry if I haven't lost all that much because in the end this is supposed to be a lifestyle change and not *just* a diet.

Try not to weigh yourself every day (like I was at first), it'll just make you nuts xD
  • ribena1958
    Options
    as long as it weekly or fortnightly and at the same time and on the same scales you will get a better reading then xx go for it
  • stormsusmc
    stormsusmc Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Any day is fine, pay more attention to time of day and after the bathroom in the morning..best time...consistency is key
  • munchlaxx
    munchlaxx Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I do my weekly weigh-in after my rest day, that way my muscles won't be as sore and holding more water than usual.
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I do my weekly weigh in on Friday mornings.. :flowerforyou: That way if I splurge on the weekend it won't show on Mondays weigh in if I did it on Monday like I use to..
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I think once a week is best. I do it every day cuz I just can't help myself lol. The one thing to remember.....always weigh-in in the morning...after a nice poop and before you eat or drink anything! haha
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on YOU. Personally I like Friday morning. Weekends are my worst days so I have the whole rest of the week to recover before weighing in.
  • AmandaTheNewMe
    AmandaTheNewMe Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone just pick a day. I do mine on Friday because my cheat meal is on Sunday.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I always weigh more on Monday mornings than any other day of the week. If I'm going to go out to eat or do a little partying, it's usually on a weekend, and restaurant food and party food is high in sodium.

Friday or Saturday morning is my top choice.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Meh, I've gone from not weighing for ten years to weighing once a month, to once a week on Friday, to once a day, to only Wednesdays......you just have to decide what you want. Right now I'm weighing daily but only recording downward trends.

My habits change....some people like to weigh on Friday because they can relax on the weekend and then be consistent all week. Some like to weigh daily so they can nip any problems in the bud - but then - some obsess on the daily thing - so it's all in what works for you.
  • MissySho
    MissySho Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    What works for one person won't always work for another. You have to find what works best for you.

personally I weigh every day, only log my weight on Saturday.

If you weigh daily you can't let the numbers drive you mad. No matter what day you weigh, try your best to weigh at the same time of day, and when you measure make sure you measure the same time of day and around the same time of month.
  • teemarania
    Options
    I weigh myself each morning after I get up. And then sometime I weigh myself after I eat. I'm obsessed. But I like seeing the variations. I only record on Thursdays though.
  • EvaChan83
    Options
    I've been driving myself crazy weighing myself every day! But it's so hard to not weigh myself when it's staring back at me all the time at the gym! I like the idea of weighing in on Fridays though... Maybe I can manage to wean myselfto every other day then once a week!
  • tamrock34
    Options
    Hi, I have been with FitnessPal since December and i weigh myself EVERY MORNING, AFTER I USE THE BATHROOM. I WEIGH MYSELF. It is me against the scale and it is working for me. Yes some days it is discouraging, but i would rather gain 2lbs and fight it off then fight off 5. I also found that what worked for me was not to have high calorie meals on saturday, sunday or monday.. Even though this is hard because my church family loves to eat. im trying to lose 40lbs more. so wish you much luck. I am mostly calorie cycling. also try healthyweight.forum. awesome starter calorie guide to add to u logging in to myfitnesspal. I love it.. has changed my life.
  • jwalworth
    jwalworth Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning first thing after waking up. I like tracking the ups and down over the course of a week -- I find it very interesting not frustrating. That said I think the more standard approach is every week. Just make sure it is the same day and same time.
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I like Friday's. Its the farthest from the weekend so if you let loose a little on the weekend, you have 4 days to really make it count and you'll still see your loss by Friday. Also, a good loss on Friday makes you want to stick to it on the weekend because you don't want to undo all the work you see the results for on the Friday!
  • krystaljustice
    Options
    I do mine on Monday morning right after I get up on the same scale. It also helps me stay accountable over the weekend. If the numbers have gone down, I treat myself to something I love like dark chocolate or ice cream or something else that I wouldn't normally eat during the rest of the week.
  • idkay
    Options
    Haha! I do the exact same thing :)
  • Maria_T007
    Options
    I dont know when the best day is, but I do Monday mornings, so I don't slack on the weekends, which are so hard for me! :)
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Tuesday morning.