Any other Triathletes out there?

kywh
kywh Posts: 46 Member
I am training for Ironman AZ in November--only 60 days away, yikes! I'd love to have other MFPers who are competing in triathletes to talk to about losing weight while training. I am finding that if I follow my training plan I am not losing much weight.

Replies

• klwtrask
    klwtrask Posts: 20 Member
    Speaking from experience it is not super easy to lose weight and train for an Ironman :-) When I am training I have to hid food or not keep my kitchen stocked, because I just want to eat everything :-)

Good Luck in AZ! Will this be your first? What is your goal? What area of the country are you from? Lots of personal questions, sorry :-)
  • kywh
    Yes, this is my first (and I keep saying my only!!). I live in Arizona now so I figured that I should do the Ironman that's in my backyard. :) My goal is just to finish in the time limit and hear them say--You are an Ironman!!!
    How many Ironmans have you done? Any tips on what to put in my special needs bags?
  • I've only done one and I don't consider myself an expert, but I would say for your special needs bags:

Dry socks in both bags (although I did not use either)
    Bandaids and vasaline or other things that might be similarly useful for minor blisters or rubs
    Special-to-you (small quantity) snacks: PB&J sandwhich on the bike was good for me. I've heard lots of special treats that people have included like chips and snickers bars. For me its things that break to monotony of gu's and gatoraid sweetness.

It was an awesome experience for me - I hope you have as much fun as I had - and it is definitely a challenge!
  • kywh
    I've only done one and I don't consider myself an expert, but I would say for your special needs bags:

Dry socks in both bags (although I did not use either)
    Bandaids and vasaline or other things that might be similarly useful for minor blisters or rubs
    Special-to-you (small quantity) snacks: PB&J sandwhich on the bike was good for me. I've heard lots of special treats that people have included like chips and snickers bars. For me its things that break to monotony of gu's and gatoraid sweetness.

It was an awesome experience for me - I hope you have as much fun as I had - and it is definitely a challenge!

Thank you!!! This was helpful advice. :)
  • OwenEvan
    OwenEvan Posts: 34 Member
    I am training for a half ironman next March in Haines City, FL. Feel free to add me.
  • schreibs87
    schreibs87 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm doing IMAZ too!!! Ahh it's coming up! It's my first as well :) ill be putting pb&j in my bike bag and also a snickers and a coke as well as extra infinit since that's what I drink on the bike. In my run bag ill put new socks and a long sleeve shirt since I will be out there wellllll after the sun goes down! The aid stations will be well stocked and most should have band aids and Vaseline etc but it can't hurt to put some in too. Oh and extra tubes and co2 just in case.

Good luck!!!
  • dmeyers1969
    dmeyers1969 Posts: 130 Member
    Hi just joined the site and saw your post
    I did IM Lake Placid in 2010 and will be in Tempe in 2 weeks to volunteer and then sign up for 2013 IMAZ
    Will be gear bag checker on Saturday and Finish Line Catcher from 8pm til midnight on Sunday
    Good luck and maybe I will see you at the finish line