Seaweed snacks anyone?

Options
I'm interested in trying these, they seem to be very low in calories and carbs. Not sure who sells them though and I have no idea how they will taste. But I'm always craving crunchy things and I think I might like these.

Replies

• mitsi94
    Options
    Well, I haven't tried them yet, but was thinking about it too. I just saw them on the Hungry Girl TV show, and the host was saying how much she liked them. So, I am thinking they are at least worth a try. Go for it!
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    love them, I get huge boxes at Costco for 6 or 7 bucks....
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,974 Member
    Options
    I bought a pack of them from Trader Joes and they are horrible!!!
  • stormsusmc
    stormsusmc Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Any asian grocery store and cheap, better then the overpriced stuff at costo and trader joes as they are trendy items and they are not big sellers, therefor you will noticed a higher cost at places that dont specialize ...stay away from the ones that are greasy...the korean roasted seaweed usually is...look for the japanese brands =)
  • jerseyjenus
    jerseyjenus Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I can't stand the smell of them but my 8 year old loves them. I think the brand we get is Annie Chun's
  • leoniedurbin
    Options
    you can get a huge box from costco my kids love them and theyre only 30 cals a pack they taste great otherwise safeway and kingsoopers has them in the asian isle
  • jus2honest
    Options
    If you like sushi then you will like them. I can't stomach the seaweed in sushi, and I tried the seaweed crisps. I thought they were gross. But a lot of folks dig them. Again, if you can do sushi you will be able to do the crisps.
  • musenchild
    musenchild Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I love them. If you like the seaweed on sushi, you will like them. We get them at Trader Joe's or Costco, as people mentioned. Very low cal for the mindless snacking bug
  • Danied13
    Danied13 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I love them...helps me stay away from sushi. I cannot trust myself when I see that special rolls menu lol. I get the "organic" ones from whole foods simply because they don't have canola oil.
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I could eat those things all day! It seems like you either love them or hate them; I'm happy to be in the "love them" crowd.
  • elivanderslice
    Options
    They are healthy but I cannot stand them. My wife loves them and ate whole case from Costco. I guess you hate them or love them. To each and their own makes the world go round and round. :smile:
  • misspersimmon
    Options
    I love seaweed snacks! Certainly a matter of personal taste, but it's worth a try.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    The flavor is very much like the rice/seaweed combo of sushi. If you like sushi, you'll like seaweed snacks. I like a handful as a snack. My husband will sit down with a carafe of hot sake and a bag of these and share both with the dogs (yes, one of my dogs likes sake, no, she doesn't get more than a teaspoon).
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    love them, I get huge boxes at Costco for 6 or 7 bucks....

Me too! Very yummy.

You can also buy them singly at Trader Joe's. I only like the regular flavor. I LOVE wasabi and bought the wasabi flavor to try but did not like them at all.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I found them at costco and thought I'd give them a try. I like them!
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love them! Roasted seaweed crispy snacks, miso soup with seaweed, and my ultimate fave; crispy seaweed tempura (OMG, delish). Sadly since joining MFP and being poorer, I have been trying to reduce both my sodium and my expenditure, so I mostly just have a cup of miso here and there.

But this post has made me want crispy seaweed even more! And sushi, which I used to have often and now can't get.
  • EvaChan83
    Options
    I love them...! Yum yum yum:)
  • brandimacleod
    brandimacleod Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I tried them but thought they were horrid. My dogs ate them for snacks though!
  • DJ2120
    DJ2120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to hunt these down tomorrow! I thinking will love them since I love sushi!
  • stormsusmc
    stormsusmc Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to hunt these down tomorrow! I thinking will love them since I love sushi!

Just go to a local asian store, there has to be some around ya =)