For those who eat every 3-4 hours

Options
Do u count the hour down from when you STARTED eating or when you STOPPED eating...? It sounds weird but hey, some ppl take 20-30 minutes to eat. lol Just curious...
:smile:

Replies

• berryjk
    berryjk Posts: 120
    Options
    Do u count the hour down from when you STARTED eating or when you STOPPED eating...? It sounds weird but hey, some ppl take 20-30 minutes to eat. lol Just curious...
    :smile:

lol...too funny...I have often wondered that. I guess it depends on how full I got from the last meal I ate. I usually try to eat at the exact same time everyday and I eat little portions so it really only takes me about 5-10mins to eat. it's the cooking time that gets me. if I'm running behind on my schedule cooking something will throw off my meal timing (i'm a little OCD) :)
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I just naturally get hungry after 2-3 hours, so I eat a little something. I don't really try to track the time. But I do tend to get hungry/eat at about the same times each day (8 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 3 p.m., 6 p.m., 8:30 p.m.).
  • berryjk
    berryjk Posts: 120
    Options
    I just naturally get hungry after 2-3 hours, so I eat a little something. I don't really try to track the time. But I do tend to get hungry/eat at about the same times each day (8 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 3 p.m., 6 p.m., 8:30 p.m.).

besides my 4am and 6am...you and I are on the exact same food schedule!
  • Tweetworld
    Tweetworld Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It takes me a long time to eat sometimes. Especially if I'm sitting at a desk working and eating. I think you start counting timeafter you finish eating since that's when you stop feeding your body.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I eat at about 9am, 12pm, 2pm, 4pm, 6:30pm, and something before bed. 6 times total. no more than 3 hours between feeding periods (start times, not end times)
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Just curious, why would you place concern over eating at very specific intervals?
  • justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Just curious, why would you place concern over eating at very specific intervals?

I was wondering the same thing...

I eat when I am hungry... sometimes every couple hours... sometimes just a couple times a day... I find it easier to keep my calories in check... and I have learned to listen to my body and stop when I am full... if I eat "because it is meal time" I tend to overeat and just eat to eat...
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

Same here. I eat when hungry. Doesn't matter if it is 2 hours or 6 hours.
  • moniraq
    moniraq Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I don't count hours either. I try to eat around the same times but it all depends on how hungry I am.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I don't time it like that...I just tend to get hungry every 2 to 3 hours so I eat. I started doing that when I worked in an office so I would pack healthy meals and snacks to avoid the office temptations lol
  • mdono10375
    Options
    I try to eat at 6, 9, 12, 3, 6, and 9. I try to wait until the next time and that keeps me on track.
  • coffee_rocks
    coffee_rocks Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I eat when I'm hungry, and I probably eat 60% of my calories between 5:00 and 8:00pm. Still losing weight, still feel great. Whatever floats your boat.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    i eat about every 3-4 hours, but it is not timed. It is just when I either get hungy or have a blood sugar drop (headache, dizzy, blurred vision, brain fog= usually time to eat)
  • dunlunicor
    dunlunicor Posts: 189 Member
    Options

Personally, I have trouble telling the difference between a craving and hunger, so eating at the same time and at specific intervals is important for me to avoid overeating. Could be the same situation with th OP.
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    There is a school of thought that if you eat more frequent, smaller meals you burn it more efficiently, and don't go as crazy when you do eat. Good for maintaining glucose levels with out huge swings.

Eat more often to eat less over all.

For me, I eat breakfast, a mid morning snack, lunch, a mid afternoon snack and dinner. Depending on how the day goes, I might eat another snack later.

I'm not strict about times or intervals, but it works out to 2 to 3-ish hours apart.

For me it makes a big difference in my over all energy level throughout the day as well- I don't get the afternoon energy crash.
  • mitsi94
    Options
    I "count" from the time I start eating. I try not to ever go more than 4 hours without eating. Even if I am not that hungry, I eat a little something anyway, so that way I don't end up waiting until I am starving and then eating a lot of something. I eat small meals 200 - 300 calories at a time, every 3-4 hours. It has been a hard habit to adopt, but it really has helped me finally start losing some weight. I think this is one of the key things I have done this year that has helped me stay on track. So, for some of us, waiting until you are hungry is a trap, and eating on a regular schedule really can help.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

To maximize your metabolic rate and stoke your fat burning into overdrive, sheesh
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options

Same here. I eat when hungry. Doesn't matter if it is 2 hours or 6 hours.

it doesn't matter for wieghtloss, bt it does matter for hypoglycemia. but barring something medical, I don't see why it matters.

(which means I guess I do time my eating, just nothing stringent, like if I notice it's been 3 hours(ish) since the last meal I should eat to avoid the drop, but I don't always remember, then I end up eating too much snacky foods to over-compensate my sugar dop)
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I don't track it that closely. I have certain "checkpoints" during the day that I try to make sure I've had a certain amount of food within. Like I prefer to have had breakfast and an AM snack by noon since I eat at about 7AM each morning. I eat my lunch by 2pm. I am more flexible with the PM Snack and Dinner.

Eating on a more scheduled basis helps keep my blood sugar levels stable.
  • lynn14
    lynn14 Posts: 116
    Options
    I am glad this was posted. I wondered if others were eating, what it seems, around the clock! I eat protein within the first hour I am awake. After that I eat whenever I am hungry, and it is 2-3 hours between. I make sure I have a protein with each meal/snack.