REboot 17 day diet

Options
Hey FitPals

So, after getting a job with a WONDERFUL beer company...I have spent the last 3 months endulging myself in essentially all the beer and bar food I can get. My weight has definitely reflected this with a solid 13 pound gain since june. My mom and dad are thinking about doing the 17 day diet and I believe I will be joining them. If you have used it or know anyone that has completed the four cycles..can you give me some feedback?

I couldn't believe I've gained that much. I Need a jumpstart to my diet.

Any words of motivation and support are GREATLY appreciated.

Replies

• ashleybr1980
    ashleybr1980 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it. What does it consist of?
  • AESprouse
    AESprouse Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kendra0024
    Kendra0024 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My mother-in-law did it for about a month (maybe a little longer) and saw a loss, but gained most of it back when she went off of it. She found that it was rather restricting too, which was difficult for her lifestyle (specifically lunches).
  • andi2398
    andi2398 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I tried it and made it through the 1st 2 cycles. I didn't go further. I lost weight and it is a GREAT way to jump start. The TV show The Doctors has discussed it several times. There is a whole website dedicated to recipes for the different phases. You should check it out. Very helpful info there: http://thedoctorstv.com/TheDoctorsBoard1/posts/10116-CYCLE-1-RECIPE-LINKS

Good luck to you!
  • girllovedcupcakes
    girllovedcupcakes Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I did it for one week to kinda detox myself before I started eating right :) I am going to do a bit more on the weekends but not just juice like before. If you are doing it to loose weight, you will likely gain it all back but I did it more to help get myself off bad foods.
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    This is my 2nd go-round with it. I lost 18 lbs and 12 inches a year ago after only doing Cycle 1 and 2. I was siderailed by a car accident and surgery for about 3 months. I didn't gain any of the weight back then. I managed to gain the weight back over a 4 month period of overeating and no exercise. So I think it can work if the same "clean" eating principles are maintained.

I don't find it restrictive because I only eat poultry and fish as protein most of the time. I love fruits and veggies. I love kefir and yogurt. Cycle 1 requires these and I often found after a few days in Cycle 1 that I was finding it hard to get to 1200 calories if I followed the plan.

This time, I'm currently on the first day of Cycle 2. I lost 8.5 lbs and 4 inches in the Cycle 1 even though I had some frozen yogurt and chocolate a few times. I like it because I lose better with structure .. i.e. knowing I need to make sure I get 2 probiotic servings, 2 fruit servings, lean protein and veggies each day, etc. I plan my meals the day before and it is really easy to follow that way.
  • kaykayvoodoodoll
    kaykayvoodoodoll Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am on it now ...I lost 25 pounds with it last year before i got pregnant with my son, its a good jump start , IMO
  • ashleybr1980
    ashleybr1980 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    bump