HELP!!!

Options
I thought I was doing really good, my calorie count is way down and exercise is up but I printed paper versions of my diary entries today and I am still eating like crap! How does everyone afford and keep the motivation for healthy diets.....BTW what is a healthy diet!? I need schooled on servings of the food pyramid and the healthy amount to reach those goals without throwing my calorie count overboard.

Replies

• csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    I eat LOTS of raw/fresh. Yogurt and a cup of blueberries for breakfast, coffee and granola bar for snack, turkey and raw bell pepper and one slice cheese For lunch, grilled chicken and salad with vinagrette and roasted veggies or dinner. A few carbs here and there. Unsweet tea with lemon. Lots of water. Apple or smoothie (homemade, just fruit and ice) to up calories for day.

I try to remember food is for fuel. Not for fun. It took a few weeks to adjust to the leaner diet and stop feeling hungry. I dropped a lot of bloat too.

I use the recipe part of web site to help me figure out nutritional value of my casseroles and other dinners.
  • stormsusmc
    stormsusmc Posts: 228 Member
    Options
  • ehrenob
    ehrenob Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    eat clean, know whats in your food. the less stuff they put in the food, usually, the healthier it is. try 5 smaller meals a day to boost metabolism and keep up on the working out. dont do crash diets and stuff like that. slow and steady is the way to go.

make your health and working out a lifestyle. take time and focus on those two things and you'll reach your goals.

also if you cut out too much food youll lose energy and the weight will not come off as easily. keep it simple and build from there.
  • Jackie_Paper
    Jackie_Paper Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Basically eat a ton of fruits / vegetables, avoid packaged / premade foods, sodas/drinks with too many calories, just drink water instead, that will all help.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Basically eat a ton of fruits / vegetables, avoid packaged / premade foods, sodas/drinks with too many calories, just drink water instead, that will all help.

So true. Beans, lentils, rice are cheap. One chicken you roast can feed you for a week if you make soup from the bones and take the extras and make chicken salad.

My mom told me that you don't count things like meat or vegetables by how much they cost by the pound, but how much they cost per meal. Homemade fresh food is MUCH cheaper.