Started 30-Day Shred Today

Options
Wish me luck everyone. I started the Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred today. I thought I was pretty fit until I tried it today and level 1 kicked my *kitten*. I still have a long way to go, it seems.

Anyway, I'll post before and after pics when I'm done.

Replies

• fairc3jam
    fairc3jam Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • kat2475
    kat2475 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'm trying to work myself in to shape enough to start it on October 1.
  • snarf432
    snarf432 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    So I got the 30 day shred videos and have been toying around with them for a few weeks...in the begining she says that she designed a workout and food plan...do you know how the food plan. I am having a hard time figureing out how do DO the 30 day program when there are 3 levels and I don' know how to transition...is there some online program that I',m missing?

Great luck to you...
  • jhner
    jhner Posts: 66
    Options
    I've done the Shred before, but restarted today. You can do it! It's hard and some of it's not fun (after awhile I totally muted Jillian and listened to the radio), but it does work. Good luck!
  • shierrarobin
    Options
    I think the food plan comes separately, but I'm not sure. My mom just gave me the DVD the other day.
  • nadinab
    nadinab Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Have fun! You will evnetually love it and look forward to it. Push through the tough parts and you will see the cms melt away! ;)
  • chizumlassstar
    chizumlassstar Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 2 of level 2. Let me tell you, it is some hard work. Definately hard work, but WWWAAAAYYYYYY worth it. I can already see change in the muscle definition in my arms.

On another subject. What does everyone enter this in for caloric burn. I have been using circuit training general but I don't think its accurate because other exercise I do that is way less intense, burns more calories. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.

Thanks, oh, and good luck everyone. We can do this! :heart:
  • Innerautumn
    Innerautumn Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I did 30DS twice and lost THIRTY POUNDS!!! I did it Monday - Friday and spent two weeks on each level. I did my best on the parts that were hard and they eventually got easier. The first time around I was Anita and the second time I was Natalie! It is a tough but great program. Stick with it and you will see great changes!
  • Christina2927
    Christina2927 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I also started the 30DS yesterday! I've had the DVD for a while and wanted to start but hadn't so now I feel I am ready to start. I am doing my own food plan but it is based off of Jillians books. Her books are good resources for recipes and other food ideas. I am going to 10 days on each level. Good luck to you!
  • misspancakes
    misspancakes Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I started today also- level 1. I am so sore now!
  • skiqt323
    Options
    Good Luck. I am really bad at sticking with it. I'm on to day 2 today.
  • SkinnyMini1416
    Options
    Good luck Ive completed day 16 today and Im already stronger in my arms I can also tell on my love handles haha I don't know the correct term for these wobbly bits but they're not wobbling as much anymore, I just keep thinking if Im like this after only half of it what will I be like when Ive finished it...It is hard and I thought I was going to die at certain points but push through you feel great when you've done it and its only 20mins : )
  • mjsunshine16
    mjsunshine16 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday too. We can do it !
  • pwnderosa
    pwnderosa Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Just started also...last night & this morning. Last night I forgot to take my asthma meds before I started & literally felt like I would die! This morning I did it right and felt a lot better, definitely a challenge though! It'll be perfect timing to shape up to get into a cute Halloween costume. :D
  • seashelley8
    Options
    I'm starting 30 day shred tonight. I attempted Insanity - twice - and never finished the first round. I have a lot to lose, but I'm excited! I will be doing the Insanity ab workout 2-3 times a week in addition to 30 day shred.
  • Fitfab41
    Fitfab41 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I started it on Tuesday and HURT bad now... I skipped yesterday but will be doing it tonight. I don't know HOW I'm going to lift anything but I'll try. (Those side lunges with dumbell raises at the end KILL me.) I think the reason the 30DS works is because it turns arms into Jello and nobody can lift a fork to their mouth.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,006 Member
    Options
    I started a few weeks ago i am on day 16 level 2, I can tell a difference already. It is for sure a tough workout but it does get results. And i am so proud of myself for sticking with it.

I love what the above poster said about it working because it turns arms into jello and you cant lift a fork to your mouth....ROTFL
  • GreekByMarriage
    GreekByMarriage Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I started it again yesterday morning... I am going to do it tonight (maybe even try for twice in a row since I can't go to the gym or jog tonight). I have started it a few times, the soreness really does get better about 3 days in.
  • squirmmonster
    squirmmonster Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 2 of level 2. Let me tell you, it is some hard work. Definately hard work, but WWWAAAAYYYYYY worth it. I can already see change in the muscle definition in my arms.

On another subject. What does everyone enter this in for caloric burn. I have been using circuit training general but I don't think its accurate because other exercise I do that is way less intense, burns more calories. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.

Thanks, oh, and good luck everyone. We can do this! :heart:

Use high impact cardio setting. That's what I do.
  • Lisamar74
    Options
    I started it on Tuesday and HURT bad now... I skipped yesterday but will be doing it tonight. I don't know HOW I'm going to lift anything but I'll try. (Those side lunges with dumbell raises at the end KILL me.) I think the reason the 30DS works is because it turns arms into Jello and nobody can lift a fork to their mouth.

Heee, made me laugh:)