shakeology_whats in it that kills cravings for sweets?

Options
If it is a supplement of some type I want to get some. I just got off the phone with them. Some goofball yacked about everything but the question " what kills the cravings for sweets?" I havent tried the new kind (choc) but loved the old one 1)bc of taste 2) bc it KILLED my sweet tooth ! ive tried lots of other things since i went off it in june - nothings working ! Anyone know the "Secret" ingredient ? They said the Maca Powder gives the energy, love that part too ! No haters please !:flowerforyou:

Replies

• angelapolite
    Options
    I was gonna try that shake until I saw that it's over $100 bucks and they put you on auto ship! Unless you can get a sample somewhere, I don't see spending that type of money.
    Just buy a protein shake to help with your cravings.
  • angelapolite
    Options
    Oh, to answer your question. I don't know what they put in it. :happy:
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I've tried 3 diff ones from gnc & 1 from trader joes. Still nibbled/craved/caved junk ! Thanks for your idea, anyone else?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,998 Member
    Options
    Protein. Just like in real food.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    placebo-pill.jpg
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    It's a glorified protein powder. Eat more protein=less cravings and feeling fuller.

Just saved you $100.:laugh:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Cocain, that's the only thing that I can think of that would make the product worth it's price and truly crave cravings other than protein (but you can get that without the exhorbinant fee), so yeah cocain.
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Options
    Wow. Never mind. I hate smart *kitten*.
  • SierraElegance
    SierraElegance Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I've been using it for over three years. I think for me it's just the chocolate that helps my cravings-- I know I'm having some chocolate once a day and that is enough. It has really helped me lose and maintain my weight, and I love the healthy things that are in it! My blood work is all good and my cholesterol is fine. This is an excellent quality product and worth the price. Autoship gives you free shipping, and it's very easy to postpone or cancel your shipments at any time. It's never been a hassle!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Wow. Never mind. I hate smart *kitten*.

You just heard the same response from several people, and you want to call them smart *kitten*?

They are simply explaining to you what is causing you to crave less junk - shakeology is glorified, expensive protein powder. Protein makes you feel fuller longer.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    You'll note the people who swear by Shakeology are coaches (see above poster). It's expensive and no better than a cheap protein powder. Sorry if that's not the answer you wanted.
  • brookemroth
    brookemroth Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I wish I had an answer, maybe it's just that it's such concentrated nutrients and contains little to no sugar. Keeping my bloodsugar steady helps me avoid cravings somewhat, maybe it's just the way Shakeology is formulated that it does a better job than most shakes/foods. I do agree that it does squash sugar cravings like nothing else. It's just pricey and some mornings I needed real food vs a shake. I do 100% agree about the cravings and I've tried everything to squash them with not so much success. I will ask my Beachbody coach and get back with any helpful info.
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Options
    Well pretty much the coke reference was a smart *kitten* thing to say, uh and learn how to spell.... think it's common knowledge protein makes you full. I just get frustrated at the people who knock iteverytime someone posts on it. I'd be surprised if they'd ever even tried it. I liked the taste of the old recipe. And it's my $$$ , like I'm not stabbing at Starbucks fans or smokers. I was just curious about a frigging ingredient. Makes me sorry I even got on Mfp. :laugh: But thank you to those who answered kindly. To the rest, don't knock it til u try it !
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Have a sister and brother in law who swear by shakeology. we've never wanted to spend the $ since we like the chocolate cytosport mixed with unsweetened vanilla almond milk. the chocolate muscle milk is by the same company but with less protein per scoop and while it taste fine, the cytosport is better imo. we get a 6lb bag at costco for around $50. would love to try shakeology but afraid it won't taste as good as the cytosport and then we'll be out $100. to make it a meal sometimes I'll add spinach, kale and some frozen berries. it helps me with my sweet tooth.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Well pretty much the coke reference . I think it's common knowledge protein makes you full. I just get frustrated at the people who knock iteverytime someone posts on it. I'd be surprised if they'd ever even tried it. I liked the taste of the old recipe. And it's my $$$ , like I'm not stabbing at Starbucks fans or smokers. I was just curious about a frigging ingredient. Makes me sorry I even got on Mfp. :laugh: But thank you to those who answered kindly. To the rest, don't knock it til u try it !

I like your response.

People here do tend to be really down on using any sort of supplements, but whatever helps you, as long as it doesn't hurt your health, is fine in my book.

ETA: You should try optimum nutrition cake batter casein. I make it into pudding by adding water or almond milk and sticking it in the freezer for ~30 min. Kills my cravings because it actually tastes like a desert, and keeps me satiated with the protein.
  • brookemroth
    brookemroth Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It is a shame that people who may have never tried a product would knock it. There is definitely something different about Shakeology than any other shake I've ever tried. Don't let a few people ruin it for you...you asked a very legitimate question. I will do my best to help you find out. For the record, I am NOT a Beachbody coach, and I still believe Shakeology is worth every penny. Seriously, come on...how many of us waste $100+ per month on things we may not really need? If something makes you feel better and lose weight it's totally worth the money!
  • freenow
    Options
    We are here to support each other....not to judge each others decisions or curiousities. Like said before if whatever you want to try supports healthy living and takes you to your goal; all the power to you. Let us know how it works if you try shakeology.
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Options
    Yay shakeology !!!!!!:drinker:
  • msperkey3
    msperkey3 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    hey Debbie~..I've been using shakeology for over a year now...I've tried many different protein shakes in hopes of finding one that is even close to the taste of it. I do feel that its expensive when compared to many other ones, but those "cheaper" ones that i have bought are awful and im actually mixing half shakeology and half the other to be able to drink them...there's only one other that i can actually tolerate alone and its the GNC lean 25. but its still no comparison when u look at the ingredients...if u like it and enjoy drinking it...continue on!!! and sorry, i don't have an answer why they are so darn good!!
  • SierraElegance
    SierraElegance Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Even with a coach discount, it's still a lot of money to put out every month-- it's not like I'm getting it free! I don't know what being a coach has to do with anything, I'm not out hunting for customers! Shakeology isn't a protein shake, I actually add half a scoop of chocolate protein to up the protein for the "meal". If you read about the ingredients, they are pretty amazing and not available all together anywhere else. Every time I'm tempted to save money and take a break, I miss it terribly! I struggle some months to pay for it, but I don't regret using it.

Also, if you haven't tried it-- you can order it and there is a 30 day money back guarantee. Even if you use it all, but decide you don't like it, you can return it for a refund! You can't beat that!!!