Pantyhose

Options
Bells5001
Bells5001 Posts: 75 Member
I'm 41 and everyone gives me grief about not wearing pantyhose. I love pantyhose! They make your legs look so much better. My co-workers tell me I'm 41 not 80! Am I just old fashioned and out of style??

Replies

• Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Are you a dude?
  • Bells5001
    Bells5001 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Are you a dude?

Absolutely not!
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I prefer hose also, but I'm old but not 80. I think the younger generation does not like to wear hose.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    depends where you are; Miami, not so much However, if you were working on Wall Street; yes everybody wears them; it's part of a professional appearance.

Who cares what they think?

(But please don't wear them with open-toed sandals).
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I hate pantyhose and only wear them when giving high profile presentations and interviews.
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I don't wear them in the summer b/c I tan while running. However in the fall and winter months I break out my tights, heavier version of hose, to keep me warm.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen anyone wear pantyhose in years. It's pretty old-fashioned around here in Austin.

Summer - I go bare legged. Winter - tights.
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    They're really popular here, especially opaque black or colored ones or patterned. I wear them most days in winter & I'm 26. I currently have a 'thing' for dance tights - but only at night. They make my legs look fantastic! Too shiney for daywear though.

Edited to say I'm wearing them in my profile pic. The pic on the right are pantyhose that are opaque black to over the knee & natural above.
  • sbowl
    sbowl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm not ancient, but I like to wear pantyhose because I hate to wear shoes without something on my feet. I think they make my legs look great too!

I live in an area where the summer temps stay in the triple digits for about 3 months too.

I actually worked for a boss that required any females wearing a skirt or dress also wear pantyhose. If someone got a hole or a run in them and took them off, they had to put on a new pair if they were going to finish out the workday.

I'm not one to care about what others think. Wear them if you want to - that's what matters.