Cauliflower Mac & cheese

Options
Bought all the ingredients, I will update if you're curious on how this turns out!
(Recipe found from Good Housekeeping magazine)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Heat pot of boiling salt water
Add 1 head of cauliflower
& 4 medium carrots thinly sliced
Cook 15, meanwhile...
In blender combine
1 cup unsalted vegetable broth (This was hard for me to find, try an organic food store if you can!)
1/4 cup reduced fat cream cheese (I found 1/3 of Neuchatel)
1 tsp. Dijon mustard and a pinch of cayenne for flavor :)
Add salt and pepper and transfer veggies to a blender, until very smooth

Add 12 oz. of elbow macaroni into the same pot of the boiling water?
Cook 1/2 time label directs and then add 8 oz. broccoli florets (3 cups) I bought 1 pack
Drain and return to pot, and stir in cauliflower sauce and half of 2 medium plum tomato, chopped

Spread in 2 1/2 quart baking dish
Top with 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese and remaining tomato
Bake for 35 minutes.

What do you think, does it sound too complicated or manageable?

Replies

• jedikrissy
    jedikrissy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Sounds very yummy! I think it's manageable, I will have to try this very soon. I hope it turns out well for you. Thanks for sharing! :smile:
  • healthyliving4mee
    Options
    Sounds very yummy! I think it's manageable, I will have to try this very soon. I hope it turns out well for you. Thanks for sharing! :smile:
    You're welcome, I hope it is a dish me and my parents can enjoy together for a few meals worth :happy:
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I actually did this for lunch the other day, except I used boxed mac and cheese (the cupboards were very, very bare). Boiled some frozen broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots with the pasta, drained, and then added the cheese and some pinto beans. Delicious. I try not to eat mac and cheese or processed food too much, but for a quick and easy meal, it was pretty boss. Adding ham would probably be delicious too.
  • MrsDrake678
    MrsDrake678 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    bump
  • healthyliving4mee
    Options
    I got the whole grain barilla elbow mac.
  • healthyliving4mee
    Options
    Made this today the sauce was the most putzy (in fact the blender leaked out and when I lifted it up to pour in the pan, it spilled all over the counter top lol!) <-- I just scooped it with my hands-the oven was preheated the whole time and this recipe took a while to put together all the ingredients! Hoping it comes out tasting edible haha...I added more cheese than what required because it seemed kinda too plain. Plus, I do love my cheese ;)