Annoyance

Options
djc315
djc315 Posts: 585 Member
So I realize this might be locked too but I was just reading in the thread "Honest Opinions, No arguments" and I can't even begin to tell you how much it turned me off from this website that it was locked.

Woah. You seriously think this shouldn't be discussed? How is this different from any other advice thread? There are so many threads here that are only relevant to a select group of users. Like threads that are for women only, or teens, or a certain age group. For example, I see a thread just popped up about ketchup. That isn't relevant to me, I don't eat ketchup. A thread about dating and kids, I don't have kids, so, not relevant to me! There are a lot of word game threads, I HATE word games. Single and 33? Nope, not me, but there is a thread about it. I know that those examples might sound silly but, what is the difference? How is one different than the thread "Honest Opinions, No arguments"? If the thread isn't relevant to you, or makes you uncomfortable to read, DON'T GO INTO IT!

I'm a bit taken back that this thread would be locked and isn't "allowed" on a forum seeking help and encouragement from fellow human beings. This is a support site, is it not?

I have been using this website for a few years (although I just opened this account because my other one was hacked) and I am really disgusted by the locking of that thread.

I really don't understand and if someone (an admin) could explain this to me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Replies

• jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the thread, but the moderators pick weird stuff sometimes to lock. I have gotten reprimanded twice for sticking up for another member and then giving my opinion. I try not to respond too much on these threads anymore, or if I do I do not get involved in heated discussions. I don't want to get yelled at again. Sheesh, I feel like I'm in elementary school! LOL
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    I think maybe rape is too deep of a topic for a chit chat thread.

...just typing that made me uncomfortable.
  • ChelseaYepThatsMe
    Options
    So I realize this might be locked too but I was just reading in the thread "Honest Opinions, No arguments" and I can't even begin to tell you how much it turned me off from this website that it was locked.

Woah. You seriously think this shouldn't be discussed? How is this different from any other advice thread? There are so many threads here that are only relevant to a select group of users. Like threads that are for women only, or teens, or a certain age group. For example, I see a thread just popped up about ketchup. That isn't relevant to me, I don't eat ketchup. A thread about dating and kids, I don't have kids, so, not relevant to me! There are a lot of word game threads, I HATE word games. Single and 33? Nope, not me, but there is a thread about it. I know that those examples might sound silly but, what is the difference? How is one different than the thread "Honest Opinions, No arguments"? If the thread isn't relevant to you, or makes you uncomfortable to read, DON'T GO INTO IT!

I'm a bit taken back that this thread would be locked and isn't "allowed" on a forum seeking help and encouragement from fellow human beings. This is a support site, is it not?

I have been using this website for a few years (although I just opened this account because my other one was hacked) and I am really disgusted by the locking of that thread.

I really don't understand and if someone (an admin) could explain this to me, I would greatly appreciate it.
    Thank you. That was my thread. I appreciate your support. I don't see how half the topics on here make it without being locked. :/
  • djc315
    Options
    Yeah, I agree, they do lock weird things. This has been the first one in years that I was just disgusted by, you know? Disgusted that they locked it, I mean. It wasn't a heated thread, people weren't pissed or yelling at each other, it was just a sensitive subject.

I hardly ever post, just read, exactly for the reason you said. But I really had to say something about that thread being locked or it would have bothered me all night.
  • djc315
    Options
    I think maybe rape is too deep of a topic for a chit chat thread.

...just typing that made me uncomfortable.

....so don't read it? I mean, she wasn't talking details about a rape, she wasn't saying she was just raped last night (and even if she did, shouldn't we SUPPORT and HELP that person?). There are threads here I read the first page and decide, nope, not reading this one.

Life has some deep things that shouldn't be shunned, they should be talked about. Those thing's won't go away just because they aren't discussed.
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    I didn't post in the thread or follow it, but thought it was strange when I saw it locked. I clicked on it after it was locked to see what the fight was, and strangely didn't see any drama. Weird that it was locked
  • djc315
    Options

Thank you. That was my thread. I appreciate your support. I don't see how half the topics on here make it without being locked. :/

You are welcome. Stay strong.
  • ChelseaYepThatsMe
    Options
    Any of you who were interested in my last thread, please either message me on here, or on tumblr. http://chelseaforeverandalways.tumblr.com/
    I'm here to help you all too. If anyone needs advice or needs to talk.