Question

Options
Why is it that some foods have a lot of calories but no fat? For example I love Arizona's Mucho mango drink..it has 300 calories but 0 grams of fat. I see that a lot..should I stay away from these foods?

Replies

• angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Probably high sugar content. If you are restricting your calories you may not want to waste calories on sugar very often.
  • BigdaddyJ
    Options
    theres a lot of calories in sugar ;)
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Why is it that some foods have a lot of calories but no fat? For example I love Arizona's Mucho mango drink..it has 300 calories but 0 grams of fat. I see that a lot..should I stay away from these foods?

it has lots of carbohydrates. Probably not a good idea. Generally drinking your calories isn't very good as most of the time liquid is partially "processed" already, I.E. it doesn't take as long for the body to break down the liquid into it's components, which means carbs make it too the blood stream quicker and in greater quantity, which means less of it is used as fuel and more of it is stored as fat (because the body can only burn so many calories at any one time).
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I have learned to read labels. I want to get the biggest bang for my buck, so to speak. It doesn't sound like your getting anything here except for empty calories!! If you had one of these drinks every day, you are drinking 2100 calories a week! There are 3500 calories in a pound. You will gain a lot of weight drinking these.
  • goalnsight
    Options
    That is what you call EMPTY calories! They SUCK :-) cause I usually love anything like that ! Like everybody says, it is because of the sugar content! I love how some candy will advertise " fat free" yet it still packs on the pounds, and that is because of those calories that come from sugar.
  • ashnichole3
    ashnichole3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ohhh...ok, I get it. Thanks everyone...no more Mucho mango for me!