vibration machine???

Options
Does anyone know how many calories are burned on a vibration machine in ten minutes? iv heard its like talking a brisk walk at 3 - 4kph.

So that would be about 50c

anyone else care to weigh in?

Replies

• stormsusmc
    stormsusmc Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    da heck is that?
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I saw these on some Channel 4 shows, havnt seen one in the US though.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Ahhh...brb...

...gotta climb out of the gutter
  • shrinking_me
    shrinking_me Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have one but don't log it. I use it to stretch on while I'm cooling down after a work out. A friend swears that it works for helping getting rid of cellulite . . .
  • stormsusmc
    Options
    Dont waste your time...do real exercises, lift weights....Just another gimic machine...or just go walk?
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    My grandpa used to have one back in the day. It has some band that you put on your hips and it vibrates real fast. I doubt it burns any calories, maybe 25. You would do better taking a walk then that!
  • loricasanas
    Options
    Well the topic got my attention, but I have no idea! Lol :laugh:
  • stormsusmc
    Options
    Well the topic got my attention, but I have no idea! Lol :laugh:

STEADY
  • vanillarama
    vanillarama Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I took a bit of a course on these things. I think they have their use in rehabilitation, stretch and possibly bone density, but don't even bother with calories unless you were working out on it- in which case count what the calories would have been without the machine. The course read like a sales ad, which turned me off completely.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Ahhh...brb...

Yup...this.

Headed back there...this wasn't nearly as fun has I was hoping.
  • LivingInPuglia
    LivingInPuglia Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    It worked for me ...... a couple of years ago I used one three times a week, each session 15 minutes. Lost 16kg, with minor changes to diet. You do have to put effort into holding different positions. Going to start again on the machine next month once all our guests are gone.

I did read somewhere that a 15 minute session on a vibrating plate is equivalent to an hours workout in the gym
  • janlee_001
    janlee_001 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    My grandpa used to have one back in the day. It has some band that you put on your hips and it vibrates real fast. I doubt it burns any calories, maybe 25. You would do better taking a walk then that!

Yep, I remember those - my friends mom had one lol
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Ahhh...brb...

• JMull1977
    Options
    I would venture to guess that you burn 0 calories using one of those machines.
    It's doesn't appear that you are doing any work, so how can you burn any more calories than what it takes to stand upright?
  • vanillarama
    vanillarama Posts: 101 Member
    Options

I did read somewhere that a 15 minute session on a vibrating plate is equivalent to an hours workout in the gym

Yeah, see that part- I don't buy. I think it has some benefits, but not that.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Ahhh...brb...

But the gutter is so much fun!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Ahhh...brb...

Yup...this.

Headed back there...this wasn't nearly as fun has I was hoping.

True dat
  • adz_nz
    Options
    thanks for the input :)
  • domnut
    domnut Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Noticed you're in NZ - not sure if you're in Auckland but did you see this today? https://www.grouponnz.co.nz/deals/auckland/Vibra-Train/716354644