sleeping schedule

Options
I tend to have poor sleeping habits often staying up late and have to be to work at 8am. Getting 6 hrs is alot for me and in fact days I go with lityle or none. I would like to get on a better schedule so I can workout in the mornings. Any suggestions ?

Replies

• djhannah02
    Options
    Welcome to my world! I'd really like suggestions too because I work and go to school full time. Sometimes I'm awake for almost 2 days at a time. I usually just throw in a workout at the end of my day because it needs to be done. On the bright side, working out gives you more energy.
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    This used to be a really big issue for me but I reformed over the summer as I got my first real job after university. I have to be at the office at 8am which means leaving the flat at 7am (7.05 latest). I'm too lazy to work out in the evenings (get home around 17.45) so my new policy if going to bed around 9.30 and getting up at 5am. After the first 2 weeks it'd a breeze. I get up at 5am 3 times during the week, 6.15 the other days and sleep in on the weekend (usually wake up around 8).

The biggest thing is to decide that you want it and then just get on with it. Mind over matter, if I can do it anyone can. I've traded in me evenings of late reading or watching TV for some sleep and it pays off in the morning. I know it's boring and feel ridiculous to go to bed around 9 but if you stick it out I find it's worth it!
  • fry5150
    fry5150 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have tried the going to bed early thing but always end up waking up after just a few hours and find it difficult to go back to sleep (if at all). I may just have to try to force myself to bed early even if it means some restless nights in hopes that it eventually takes.
  • janlee_001
    janlee_001 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I have tried the going to bed early thing but always end up waking up after just a few hours and find it difficult to go back to sleep (if at all). I may just have to try to force myself to bed early even if it means some restless nights in hopes that it eventually takes.

Have you tried taking Melatonin.? Right now your circadium rhythms are set for what you are currently sleeping. Melatonin will help you fall asleep and stay asleep. You need to go to bed and get up at the same time to change your body's rythyms.