Infrequent bowel movements

Options
Ok, don't get grossed out but... My bowel movements have always been really infrequent. Sometimes up to a week. I've started eating clean and incorporating lots of fibre in my diet and have been eating like this for about a month and at best I get down to 4 days. Does anyone know if there are any health implications on my body if it continues to sit there that long? How long will it take for my body to get down to a daily bowel movement!?

Replies

• suzyqdoing52
    Options
    Infrequent bowel movements are not a good thing. You schould be going every day. If the stuff keeps sitting there your body is adsorbing your toxins again. So you really need to get rid of the stuff. Also as you are prone to hemroids if you go on like this. I used to have the same problem. But now i go every day. I have been to a lot of dokters and such. I had more problems as well such as sore joints and musckles. (due to toxine oveload...). The solution for me had been looking out foods that you react badly to and eating easy to digest food. Easy to digest food is all cooked, might sound weird but ayur veda and chinese medicine swear by it. Basically, if your food is cooked you have to digest less. Besides that, the magic buttel for me was; cutting out wheat. It migth sound weard, wheat is such a staple. But appearently about 60% of people reacts badly to it. Really, try to do it for. 2 weeks and eat loads of cookes veggi soups. I guerentee you will shed pounds like a maniac. Also try a soda footbath, for detoxing. Your body ofthen holds on to fat to store toxins. And when you get rid of these toxins your body doen not need the fat anymore.
    In case wheat is not the culprit. Test youself for dairy as well. Good luck, hug suzanne
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking lots of water? If you increase fibre it's a good idea to up your water too so this doesn't happen.
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    Increase your water. There is also such a thing as too much fiber which will have that effect.
    If you increase water to at least 10-11 cups/day and aren't seeing anything change within a week I'd be seeing a doctor.
  • JadaRG
    JadaRG Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, this helps a lot! I'm drinking about 4 litres of water a day and i've cut out wheat completely. :( think you're right Suzanne in saying that my body reacts badly to some foods, but what food is the question. I usually eat oats made with water in the morning, drink a whole lot of green tea, and water. I eat Ryvita on avocado and Tuna for lunch and Green vegies steamed and fish for dinner. I will increase the vegies and soup and water and speak to a doctor if its the same in about 2 weeks :) Cheers!