Need to lose 70lbs in 6months is it possible

Options
hi ok reason is me and my partner have decided to have another child we have 1 daughter at 4years old i have pcos so irregular periods and all that doctor told me lose weight to help and got to lose 70 lbs to be in doctors ideal weight catorgory i am 218lb he wants me at 148 by march.

Replies

• Romans624
    Options
    I'm sure its doable, but will take a lot of discipline and commitment. Did s/he give you calories, exercise plan to follow? I think with pcos low carb has been recommended, you might want to check into that.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    It's possible, but weight loss is not linear. It's unlikely that you will consistently lose more than 2lbs per week every single week for months and months. Try and set a goal of 8lbs per month and then anything beyond that will just be the cherry on top. Sorry for the food reference.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Great, it's good to have a goal.
    But, don't spend all your time worrying about the numbers and whether it's possible or not. The world isn't going to end if you have "only" lost 45lb in 6 months, to a certain degree the actual numbers are outside your control.

All you can do is eat well (not too little, not too much), get some exercise and focus on finding a way of doing these things that you can keep up. If you do the right things, weight loss will happen, but you have to be persistent.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Possible, yes. Likely, no. Just do your best and don't worry about some deadline!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Possible, yes. Likely, no. Just do your best and don't worry about some deadline!

This /\

what would happen if you hit a plataux for 2months say? don't put such big goals in use smaller ones and work the way up! :smile:
  • LordBear
    LordBear Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    i lost over 60 in the last 3... it takes no bull and no excuses attitude... why are u only giving ur self 7 months... and u need to want to make it a life long thing and not just to have a baby.
  • Nina2503
    Nina2503 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    its all about managing your expectations and celebrating your successes, it is a target to aim for, and whatever you lose by March will be a success and all in the right direction.
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    It would take a lot of restriction I think for you to meet that goal. 2lbs per week is more reasonable which would be 48 lbs and I think very doable.

Why does your doctor need you at 148 and by March? What exactly does that magic number/month do for you in trying to have another baby?
  • cwmw
    cwmw Posts: 30
    Options
    i lost over 60 in the last 3... it takes no bull and no excuses attitude... why are u only giving ur self 7 months... and u need to want to make it a life long thing and not just to have a baby.

Would love to know how you did this!!! sounds really awesome and really challenging
  • Lozx87
    Lozx87 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    thank you for all your replies as of next week im starting a meal replaceement diet but for only 2 meals a day say breakfast and dinner then having a nice healthy meal for tea.
    i would be happy with any weight loss by march i dont exactly remember the reasons why the doctor want me that weight at that time unless its too give me an incentive to lose as much i a can in that time frame and its not just too have another baby me and my partner have decided to get married and i want to look my best on the day. (which has give me a really good incentive i got pictures of how i used to be before my 1st child and a wedding dress that i would like pinned around)