Would like your opinions please?

Options
I've been doing cardio around 4-5 times a week since may and seem some okish results, been doing weights for nearly a month, only lost a few pounds in that time...
Last week I started cycling (hard) for half an hour every day but no cardio workout whatsoever, also carried on with weights though...and this week lost 2.5 lbs...
What I'm thinking is to carry on with the cycling and weights and maybe do a 'proper' cardio workout maybe once a week? I seem to have got better results doing cycling than a proper workout.

When I do weights I do squats, lunges etc so am building strength that way.

What do you think?

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Anyone? :happy:
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    sounds ok to me
  • LupaNera
    Options
    Cycling is mostly cardio at least street cycling and not mountain bike.
    And the most important thing is to change routine so I think that your plan is ok. Then maybe in time you will need to switch again.
  • harleygaljojo
    harleygaljojo Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me. If it works that is all that matters. Keep up the good work
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Cycling is cardio isn't it?
  • suzw
    suzw Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    cycling is cardio,
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    What I'm saying is that I get more out of breath doing a proper workout, I get slightly puffy when cycling but much more so during a proper workout?
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    A heart rate monitor will accurately determine how hard your cardio work-outs are. Cycling is a cardio work-out.

Do what suits you and what you can enjoy maintaining is the key thing if you ask me. : )