I don't know what I'm doing wrong?

Options
Hi,

I have been counting for a month or so now and although I have the old bad day I am normally good and stay within my limit. I just can't seem to lose any weight? I might lose 1lb or so but thats it and I'm stuck? I have started exercising 4 times a week but nothing is working.

Please help! What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I have just had a peek at your food diary and one thing I did notice is most of your food is processed and there seems to be very little, or nil fresh fruit & veg, 100g of grapes is not lots of fruit :-)

You also seem to like [who doesn't] Kit Kats, chocolate brownies and the like

How about instead of eating those calories you substituted fresh fruit & veg, like a banana or apple instead of a 2 fingers of Kit Kat?

PS instead of NY bagel, how about slice of wholemeal bread with smear of marge / butter
  • chadmcqueen
    Options
    Hi! I´m new here. I´ve been strugling with my weight all my life and try a lot of diets and exercise. But last year I realized that to achieve your goals 70% is diet and 30% is exercise. Without a good diet is difficult to achieve your goals. After that I lost 50 lbs in 6 months and then went to mantenience diet till now that I want to lose more. The advice of farway is really good you should change some of your foods but what I see totally wrong for a fat lose diet is the ratio of carb/prot/fat. For a fat lose the better ratio is 50% protein 30% carb 20% fat. Righ now you are eating almost the same amount of protein than fat, and for me that is a mistake cuase I did it in the past and it doesn´t work, is very hard to lose weight with that ratio even if you work out (you can lose some but is more difficult). The amount of calories seems fine for losing fat but you should eat more lean meat (skinless chicken, turkey, fish), more veggies and fruit (but not a lot fruit cause it has sugar, for me is great a banana for after workout and an apple in one of my snacks), try to eat 5 times a day, try to eat every 3 hours. That worked for me and for a lot of people I know, I hope it works for you! best wishes!
  • skiboat1us
    skiboat1us Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking any water? I didn't see any on your diary. I would start there and maybe add sodium on your diary to see if you are taking in too much.
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I completely agree for both of the above.

Less processed food and also losing weight is 70% diet.

Also lots of water try to add lemon... lemon helps push thru the sodium in your body.

Another thing if you are working out and adding it to my fit plan. .... it over estimates horribly. So if I do 30 of cardio, I usually only log 25 minutes.

If you arent working out I would add some walking 3-5 days a weeks. I know this is plan is set up to so you technically dont have to . But this will help boost you metabolism. hmmm this brings up another good point when you set up your account did set up to work out or not <<< this makes a difference in calories.

Also ... and im saying this, b/c Im guilty of it way to often are eatting after you close out your diary??

Did you measure or take pictures before you started, because the scale is not the only truth to your journey.

Are you using the same scale, same time of day, some outfit (on no clothes) ??

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

hope this helps
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    What exercise have you been doing?
    MFP often over-calculates cardio as far as calories burnt goes, so working back all exercise calories as calculated can be counter productive.

Also, MFP sets a minimum of 1200 calories. This means if it thought you needed 1250 calories for your daily expenditure, then tried to knock 500 off that, it'd still end up with 1200. It won't be quite as extreme in reality, but worth bearing in mind.