Stopping the weight spiral - any advice?

Options
Earlier this year I joined MFP intending to lose about 5 kgs. Since then we moved towns and I have actually put on 5 which means I want to lose over 10kgs now. For some reason I am really battling. I exercise daily and start out eating quite healthy but have noticed I lose motivation easily and decide eating 6 biscuits would be ok. Recently moved to a flexitarian diet as I was eating way too much meat so want to eat real food in moderate quantities.

I am just wondering how you managed to turn around your eating to start seeing some results?
Thanks in advance. Also if you want to help me along please add me as a friend, I need the support

Replies

• Skmellyg
    Skmellyg Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Pan your meals and stick to them. Plan breakfast lunch and dinner for a week or even two weeks in advance. If you don't plan you plan to fail.
  • lharpul
    lharpul Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you got a sweets craving or were still hungry. I've found instead of sitting there thinking about how badly I want that cookie to the point of obsession and breaking, it's good to eat something else. If I have a sweet craving, canned fruit works for me. Or 90 calorie ice cream bar. Something that doesn't make me feel like I'm punishing myself but afterward i do not feel so guilty.

I've found it's important to find a routine and plan that can work for you, and not just one that you *should.* Also, you can pace yourself to the lifestyle you want and not make all dramatic changes at once. It's a hard change if you're used to not paying attention to what you eat, but eventually you turn the corner and get on the right path and see results! The results ends up being a bigger award than the cookie.

Good luck on your journey and don't become discouraged!