LAZY MOTIVATION

Options
Am lookng for friends who are lazy like my self and need motivation.. LETS MOTIVATE EACH OTHER :):):glasses:

Replies

• kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I have been strongly motivated for 8 months and counting but 8 months ago I had this epiphany. Basically I realized that the only thing stopping me was my own mental block. I decided if other people in worse physical shape can do it, the only thing that really hindered me was ME. Here are a few quotes I want to leave you with:

“You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” ~Christopher Robin

"There is a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when circumstances permit. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results." --Unknown

“Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” ~Thomas Jefferson

“Most people fail, not because of lack of desire, but, because of lack of commitment.” ~Vince Lombardi

“Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.” ~Dennis P. Kimbro

“You cannot expect to achieve new goals or move beyond your present circumstances unless you change.” ~Les Brown

“It’s not that some people have willpower and some don’t. It’s that some people are ready to change and others are not.” ~James Gordon

“Put all excuses aside and remember this: YOU are capable.” ~Zig Ziglar

“Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still.” ~Chinese Proverb

While it is good to have support here and you are right to seek it out, I want to also leave you with this thought:

“Motivation is a fire from within. If someone else tries to light that fire under you, chances are it will burn very briefly.” ~Stephen R. Covey

YOU CAN DO IT!

(These quotes, among others, inspired me when I first started. There are 400 quotes on this website that I got these from. It is worth a look. http://www.fitnessforweightloss.com/helpful-weight-loss-quotes/ )

EDIT TO ADD: I'm not trying to discourage you from finding buddies that will help you. Support is a fabulous thing. I'm just trying to share that ultimately the fire needs to come from within. Find it. Light it. Open your mind and accept the journey and go for it!
  • amybrennan136
    Options
    Wow ! Thank you so much :) i feel my laziness running already :):)
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Great post!!!
  • neesha2zumba
    Options
    when i first started i didn't like the fact that i was only allowed 1200 calories a day, really what can you eat with that, the motivation came when i added a little walking and zumba and it gave me extra calories to burn eeeeekkkkk i now walk 3 times a day and zumba 2 days.

good luck, add me if you need a kick up the bum every so often lol
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    gonna use these quotes!! thanks!
  • vanillarama
    vanillarama Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    When I feel lazy and unmotivated, like today where I just couldn't sleep and I feel generally ick- I know that what my body wants more than anything is some fresh air, some exercise, and some real foods. Of course, often my head tells me I want sugary carbs and lots of cheese (mmm) but I know the right choices are going to feel SO much better at the end of today, tomorrow morning, and so on. Instead of having a "write off" day, I can look back and say, "you, know, you could have totally f'ed this day up, but you didn't". The little choices add up so much...

Thanks for starting this thread, I needed it today. Feel free to add me if you like.

xx
  • Lityboy
    Options
    Hi! Add me if you want. I was quite lazy myself but since June have gone into overdrive!!!!!!
    I just had to change ans decided to get into shape and eat healthier.
    Don´t be shy!!!!!
  • Lityboy
    Options
    Really inspiring post!!!!!!:smile:
  • slimsconie
    Options
    Sign me on, I USED TO BE LIKE THAT. I LET THE DEVIL LAUGH AT ME FOR YEARS, DIET AFTER DIET.... LOOK WHO'S LAUGHING NOW???? lost it all and still losing, weight that is:) BOOM. IF ANYONE CAN MOTIVATE, I CAN

slimSCONIE AKA superslimSCONIE WHEN i TURN 50, jAN 18TH, 13
  • TheBiggestLosee
    Options
    First off, welcome to MFP, Amy; and best of luck in your fitness endeavors.

Kcoctx, that is the best post I've read in my short time on MFP. Thanks for posting. I take quotes like those and audio pieces of inspirational speaking and use them for inspiration.
  • crazyvermont
    crazyvermont Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    wow....where do I find employees like you:)
  • Jeff331
    Jeff331 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    awesome post, it was truely motivating! Just getting started but you can add me if you like.
  • kcoftx
    Options
    wow....where do I find employees like you:)

...and that made me laugh! Ha!
  • vanillarama
    vanillarama Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Thanks to this, I got into the gym and kicked some major butt!!!
  • Pbgrl04
    Pbgrl04 Posts: 129
    Options
    I feel you i get lazy too! def since i havnt been working the last few months. But i just started insanity yesterday! Im just tired of not fitting in to my jeans. Fell free to add me we can motivate each other!
  • malicent
    Options
    I have been strongly motivated for 8 months and counting but 8 months ago I had this epiphany. Basically I realized that the only thing stopping me was my own mental block. I decided if other people in worse physical shape can do it, the only thing that really hindered me was ME. Here are a few quotes I want to leave you with:

“You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” ~Christopher Robin

"There is a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when circumstances permit. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results." --Unknown

“Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” ~Thomas Jefferson

“Most people fail, not because of lack of desire, but, because of lack of commitment.” ~Vince Lombardi

“Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.” ~Dennis P. Kimbro

“You cannot expect to achieve new goals or move beyond your present circumstances unless you change.” ~Les Brown

“It’s not that some people have willpower and some don’t. It’s that some people are ready to change and others are not.” ~James Gordon

“Put all excuses aside and remember this: YOU are capable.” ~Zig Ziglar

“Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still.” ~Chinese Proverb

While it is good to have support here and you are right to seek it out, I want to also leave you with this thought:

“Motivation is a fire from within. If someone else tries to light that fire under you, chances are it will burn very briefly.” ~Stephen R. Covey

YOU CAN DO IT!

(These quotes, among others, inspired me when I first started. There are 400 quotes on this website that I got these from. It is worth a look. http://www.fitnessforweightloss.com/helpful-weight-loss-quotes/ )

EDIT TO ADD: I'm not trying to discourage you from finding buddies that will help you. Support is a fabulous thing. I'm just trying to share that ultimately the fire needs to come from within. Find it. Light it. Open your mind and accept the journey and go for it!

I'm so lazy that I got tired reading this post full of quotes. I was like ....eeerrrruuuaughhghhghghghhh.......................... no. Then I realized how bored it made me feel to be on here trying to read long posts like this and figured, I might as well get up and start dancing with my Kinect. AT LEAST THAT'S MORE FUN. UGH.
  • kcoftx
    Options
    There are days I don't want to do my workout. Then I remembered my promise to myself. Certain things can get me out of a workout (sick, etc.) but I told myself I am never allowed to skip because I don't want to, I'm tired, or poor time management. II talk myself through my promise as needed.

One day I was under extreme stress. I got up, went to the gym and ran into a friend. The stress came out--in a long vent. I was clearly upset and my head was not in the game. She witnessed me talking myself out of working out. I got in my car and realized I left my gym bag in the locker room. I walked back in. I asked myself why I was skipping today's workout. The real answer wasn't because I couldn't but because I just didn't want to exercise. I used the stress as a coverup. After I identified that, it triggered me to remember my promise. I sat there for a minute for some more self talk and after an hour of talkin myself out of it, I effectively talked myself into it.

There are times when I substitute exercises/workout plans if needed. If I am on vacation and gyms are not readily available, I pick some active activities to do where I'm at, include walking or something! In the beginning, time management was awful. I picked up a DVD at 1130 at night, even though I was tired, because I made that promise to myself. I knew to change, I had to change me. I had to make it a habit. In the beginning I knew eventually I would be on a 3 day a week plan. But initially I made it 5 days a week. I didn't want to start waffling about which days I "felt" like doing it. Eventually time management became less of an issue thus tiredness became less of an issue. I'm so darn proud of my progress that the "don't want to" has significantly decreased. But I won't lie to you and tell you there aren't days I don't still have to talk myself INTO it. Now I can be flexible as long as I meet my weekly goals because I know I am strong enough to handle it.

Committment was first. Then I started really experimenting with different types of exercises. So far I've tried Zumba, yoga, weight lifting, circuit training, walking/hiking, water sports, and HIIT. Zumba and water sports I like the most. Those are my recreational motivators. Weight lifting I do for specific results I am looking for. It is helpful to find things you enjoy but at the end of the day, Soemtimes we do things because it is part of taking care of ourselves.

*Be kind to my errors here. I am on my phone.
  • kcoftx
    Options

I'm so lazy that I got tired reading this post full of quotes. I was like ....eeerrrruuuaughhghhghghghhh.......................... no. Then I realized how bored it made me feel to be on here trying to read long posts like this and figured, I might as well get up and start dancing with my Kinect. AT LEAST THAT'S MORE FUN. UGH.

:laugh: As you can see from my multiple posts, I am a wordy bird. You are free to not read it if it motivates you to get up and move. After all, that was the point anyway. :bigsmile: