drop 10 lbs in 3 days soup. old post

Options
Hi. I posted this little more than a 8 months ago.

here's a link to the original with all the comments and things.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/447463-drop-10-lbs-in-3-days-soup

Ok, I am junkie for First for women's magazine. Although I can't stick to even the easiest diet, I lose about 5 lbs per mag. This was Melt fat 10x faster with the basic slimming soup.

Why not right?

The poster women are a mother daughter team that lost a combined 105 lbs. mom was 180 and now 127, daughter was 175 and is 123. this is over a year tho, I doubt i can stick to it for a year, but three days? Sure. I don't know how many calories are in the soup, but it is AWESOME!!!! It comes from The Fat Flush Plan book. fatflush.com

this is the basic start

For breakfeast start with a good protine filled meal. 2 egg omelet filled with 1/2 cup mix veggies, 2 hard boiled eggs with 1/2 grapefruit, or 1 1/2 cups of fat-free Greek yougert with 1 1/2 cup berries.

Lunch and dinner are the soup. You can also add a small salad or small side of veggies.

here is the recipe

The new basic slimming soup:
1 3/4 lbs of lean ground beef, turkey, or chicken.
1tsp olive oil
1 large onion peeled and chopped.
1 large red,yellow, or green pepper seeded and chopped.
1 large yellow squash, chopped
8 oz mushrooms, chopped
2 tsp chopped garlic
1 bottle 46 oz redused sodium tomato or veggie cocktail juice
1 can 15 oz pinto, garbanzo, or black beans rinced and drained
1 can 14 oz crushed tomatos
1 Tbs lime juice
1 tbs ground cumin 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
1/4 cup each fresh cilantro and parsley leaves chopped.

If you dont want to use meat, you can use another can of beans. I used one can of pinto, and one of garbanzo. I also used a large red bepper in place of the squash cause i dont like squash. also, i used Itallian parsley cause it helps with belly fat

Make sure you have a large saucepot, or very deep pan.

Step 1
In saucepot over medium-high heat, cook beef, turkey, or chicken in olive oil 5 min or until cooked through, stirring occasionally. remove from pot; drain if desired.

Step 2
In same saucepot, cook onions, peppers, squash, mushrooms and garlic 5 min or untill vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.

Step 3
Stir in coctail juice, beans, tomatos, lime juice, cymin, cayenne and cooked meat. Add 1 cup water to thin soup (ifdesired) Cover; bring soup just to a simmer. (Do not boil.) Reduce heat to medium-low; let simmer 20 min, stirring occasionally. Add cilantro and parsley. Cover; let simmer 5 min. Garnish with shaved Parmesan cheese if desired. (Note: Soup can be stored in refrigerator for 5 days or frozen.)

Prep time 10 min. Total time 45 min.
Makes 10-12 cups (2-3 cups per serving)

So there you have it. if you do 2 cups, you have your 10 lbs in three days.

The magazine list some things you can add to it as well.

For tired, blue, and foggy people add 2 tsp of seaweed. Edenfoods.com
For battling carb cravings and GI distress people, Replace mushrooms with 1/2 cup grated Daikon radish.
For prone to stress, dizziness and salt carving people, add 1/2 tsp of pink Himalayan sea salt. SaltWorks.US
For plagued by bloat, headaches and colds people add 1 tsp of turmeric and in crease cilantro to 1/2 cup.

I know I'm not going to lose 10 lbs in 3 days, I already had a snack that I'm not supposed to have. You're supposed to stick to the plan with no snacks or anything like that, and it made me want to snack more. but hey, if i lose 1-5 lbs, i'll be a happy camper.

I had a lot of replies about concerns with this soup, how it's dangerous, why try it for a week, theres no nutrition or protine, things like that.

It's not like you're just drinking water and watery soup. look at the ingredients. there are plenty of protines and vitimines, ground beef, chicken, beans, squash, mushrooms, bell peppers. and you can add a salad and extra veggies. It's actually very filling and wholesome. Like I said, i didn't expect to lose 10 lbs in 3 days. thats just not possible. and 3 days isn't a full week, so no worries there. I couldn't stick to the meal plan, other than the soup for lunch and dinner for 3 days. I had snacks and everything, but with that and exercise i did lose 3 pounds in 3 days. it could have been water weight, but that's still 3 pounds of water that i lost.

Bottom line, the soup taste good and is good for you. it's not like you're drinking campbells condensed soups or broths, it's an actuall healthy, filling soup. I'm going to be making this again, within a day or so, just to give myself a detox.

so, don't knock it till ya try it. i don't believe anyone can lose 10 lbs in 3 days in any healthy way. that was just the title of the magazine. this new issue is drop 3 inches of belly fat every week. Do i believe that? nope. but if i can drop 3 inched of belly fat in a month using this, that still 3 inches gone.

Good luck to anyone that has made or is thinking of making this soup. I will post how i am doing when i have finished my next 3 days. also, i will be snacking, so no, i do not plan on losing 10 lbs in 3 days.

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

so, don't knock it till ya try it.

You could say the same thing about smacking my wang into a cactus. I'm not going to try it because I know better.

I wouldn't suggest this for adherence reasons. You, at some point, should learn about fat loss fundamentals instead of impatiently relying on eating the same damn bowl of soup for a week.

This is a crash diet of sorts. This is not going to do you any favors.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

You could say the same thing about smacking my wang into a cactus. I'm not going to try it because I know better.

I love you.

Also, "protein".....
  • Shawty_Ro
    Options
    [/quote]

ha, heart u
  • Ms_Steel
    Options

I love you.

Also, "protein".....

please dont smack yourself into a cactus...that would hurt all of us, not just you.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    also, the original post was in January....you were all excited because you lost 3 pounds in 3 days...you haven't lost any since...

If you had followed MFP's guidelines to lose 1 pound per week and met your macros daily and did some light exercise, you would have been down about 30 pounds by now....
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    No....just no.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    that soup is way too carby for me, but i would eat chicken vegetable soup every day if i could. (homemade stock, chicken, celery, onion, zucchini, cauli, and broccoli)
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I would die of boredom if I ate the same soup every day...
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    It looks tasty. Would probably be a nice ADDITION to my HEALTHY MEAL!
  • AliDarling
    Options

I wouldn't suggest this for adherence reasons. You, at some point, should learn about fat loss fundamentals instead of impatiently relying on eating the same damn bowl of soup for a week.

This is a crash diet of sorts. This is not going to do you any favors.

that is really unhelpful. I know most posts are mainly for trolls, but really? the whole wang thing was really not needed. Yes, i was excited about the 3 pound loss. I did follow MFP guidlines about what to try and lose, and no, I havn't lost much since, in fact I gained some back because I got pregnant and stoped trying to lose. Sadly, I lost it. Go a head and pick at that too. This is a healthy soup. Big pieces of vegetables, and if you're not interested, leave.

This was so people could get a healthy recipe for soup.