Meal Replacement?

Options
Hi, I was just curious about what people on here thought about meal replacements, shakes, bars etc? Are there some that are better than others? I am currently using sustagen which seems to work quite well, but I was wondering about alternatives, especially for when I am at uni?

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    On the plus side such things usually contain a stated percentage of your daily micronutrients / vitamins / minerals so they can help ensure full nutrition on a reduced calorie intake.

On the minus side they are usually expensive, often don't taste great, and who drinks milk shakes and eats bars as part of their normal life in the first place.
  • FauxAngel13
    FauxAngel13 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    thanks, I actually picked sustagen as I am a big milk drinker anyway and I quite like how it tastes, was just looking for other options :)
  • 47Keith
    Options
    Check out EAS Myoplex lite. 180 Cal, 20 g of protein.
  • Line_pb
    Options
    For a healthy choice, try Garden of Life Raw Meal.
    http://gardenoflife.com/ProductsforLife/FoundationalNutrition/RAWMeal/tabid/2201/Default.aspx
    270 calories packed with natural nutrients. It contains no filler ingredients, artificial colors or preservatives. I must confess the taste is horrible but the benefits are amazing, I feel so much better!! My level of concentration and energy is up to the roof when I replace my regular meal with the Raw Meal. I also noticed my vision being so much clearer!
    I word of advise, drink it as soon as you mix it with water. It will go down much easier.
  • countrygal2004
    countrygal2004 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I love my Visalus shakes. The best I've ever tasted. They don't have that chalky taste. You add fruit or other things to them. My favorites are blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and one I made up myself I call Cafe Mocha (cocoa, coffee, and french vanilla). I have one every day for breakfast as part of my program. Message me if you want more info on them. I can send you the link to the nutritional info so you can check it out.