bean salad?

mavsfan2009
mavsfan2009 Posts: 261 Member
edited September 20 in Recipes
Does anybody have a bean salad recipe? Jason's Deli has one that I LOVE on the salad bar, although I'm sure it's not too healthy. Any suggestions??

Replies

• tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    this is one of my favorites, but usually I do it and switch up the lime vinegrette for a Eating Right - Roasted Sweet Pepper & Garlic Vinaigrette Dressing to reduce the overall calories and fat but lose none of the taste

1 red bell pepper, diced
    1 green bell pepper, diced
    1 yellow bell pepper, diced
    1 (15.25 ounce) can corn, drained
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 teaspoon cilantro
    1 (15 ounce) can BUSH'S® BEST Black Beans, rinsed and drained
    Salt and pepper to taste

1/4 cup olive oil
    4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
    1 teaspoon lime juice

with the dressing in the recipe it is 6 servings.... Amount Per Serving: Calories: 393, Total Fat: 19.4g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 657mg, Total Carbs: 52g, Dietary Fiber: 8.5g, Protein: 8.9g

of course, if you cut out the oil and substitute the dressing you can refigure it.
  • Desertracer
    Desertracer Posts: 4 Member
    This one is really good with no dressing at all:

Black Bean Salad Recipe
    INGREDIENTS
    • 1 (15 ounce) can of black beans, thoroughly rinsed, and drained (or 1 1/2 cup of freshly cooked black beans)
    • 1 (15 ounce) can of corn
    • 1/4 cup chopped red onion
    • 1 fresh jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced, or 1 whole pickled jalapeño pepper, minced (not seeded)
    • 1 Roma tomato, chopped
    • 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
    • 2 Tbsp lime juice (about the amount of juice from one lime)
    • 1 Tbsp olive oil
    • 1METHOD
    Make sure to rinse and drain the beans, if you are using canned beans.
    In a large bowl, combine the beans, corn, onions, jalapeno chile peppers, tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice and olive oil. Chill before serving.
    Serves 6 to 8. With avacado 127 calories per serving, without it is 85 calories.
This discussion has been closed.