LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    i didn't just start but i love it!

are you thinking of starting a program?
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    How are you finding it?

Usually i listen for the clanking sounds and follow that direction.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I have been doing it for about one month now. It is great. It did take up until this week for me to be able to walk instead of hobble though!
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I've been at this for a few weeks now! I love it! I would say that I'm still weaksauce, but I've already started noticing an improvement physically.
  • finfeet
    Options
    How are you finding it?

hehe, or the grunting.

I am going to start lifting weights. My personal trainer/boss told me to record a weeks worth of workouts so he could know where to start me out at intensity wise. I'm really excited about it. I've lost about 15 lbs doing cardio, I've never lifted weights. I think it will amp up my weight loss and help me get the tight body I want. I will admit it's a little scary, I've had knee injuries and if i get the form wrong, it could really hurt. Or so I'm told.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    How are you finding it?

Lol, fantastic response.

I've been strength training about a month, and I regret not doing it sooner. I feel fantastic after doing it--my body generally feels, well, GOOD... even better than after doing cardio. I feel like I've lost quite a few aches and pains I used to have from just a month. Plus, even though the scale barely budged all of August, that was the first time people started commenting on how I looked.
  • ClaudiaF77
    Options
    About to start, hopefully.
  • semperfit1823
    Options
    been lifting since I was 13 LOVE IT
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    A bit over a year. Can't argue with the results.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Since I have no gym, or weights, I would have to say that it can be a pain to find heavy things to lift. But since our family recently moved to a new home, there's been plenty of opportunities to lift furniture, and carry it upstairs, etc.

I plan to join our local community center soon. (as soon as we catch up from the moving expenses) It's not a full-out gym like the traditional gym, but they have a weight room. The cost per year is just a tad more than a regular monthly fee at the gym.

NOW........having said all that..........I have noticed a HUGE difference in my appearance and the fat seems to melt off me since I have been using resistance bands and lifting. For that alone, I :heart: lifting! :smokin:
  • Im4gin3th4t
    Im4gin3th4t Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I used to run all the time, now I tend toward strength training and only run about once a week.

My results have been 100% better with strength training! Especially super sets!
  • VinoFonseca
    VinoFonseca Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Been doing it for about 2 months now. LOVE IT. I also do cardio (primarily step class). I've lost over 30 inches.

In just 2 months of weight training, you can actually see definition in my arms.

Weight training is a must if you want to be successful long term in maintaining a healthy weight and of course, you just look better.
  • finfeet
    Options

My results have been 100% better with strength training! Especially super sets!

Sorry, what are super sets?
  • Jessicapages1
    Jessicapages1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I Started 5 months ago and LOVE EVERY MIN OF IT!!!! I have lost 20 pounds toned my muscles and finally really like the way my body looks!!! I should have started training YEARS ago!!!!
  • CyclngChick
    CyclngChick Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I want to start! Any good suggestions?!? I've been doing a lot of cardio (I'm a runner and a cyclist) but I want more definition!
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Supersets are doing two exercises- one right after the other with no rest for two adjacent muscle groups such as the biceps and triceps or guadriceps and hamstrings or chest and back.
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    i didn't just start but i love it!

are you thinking of starting a program?

I just started free weights at home a couple of days ago. Never done it before. All my strength is in my legs from dancing (breton, which is slightly similar to irish dancing) but I can't lift for toffee.
  • NewMeAT33
    Options
    Too funny. I started last night with a trainer and I am feeling soreness in spots I didnt think I would.
    My forearms, shoulder blades... a good sore.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Started getting serious about it 4 weeks ago (or so!). I'm doing a 5x5 program, and I LOVE it!! It started my weight loss again and I'm already noticing improvements in my body.