SuperBowl Sunday

Options
Any great recipes or ideas for Super Bowl Sunday? I'm wanting to do a couple appetizers w/o tons of calories!!
Thanks!
I'm new to this site so hoping to do this correctly.
Angie

Replies

• July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Well, I am doing a meat / cheese tray and a veggie, fruit and cheese platter.........

Low carb, all natural. No starches or carbs to make anyone feel the least bit lazy!!!
  • HulaCherry
    Options
    Everyone loves a 7 layer dip right? Serve with baked tortilla chips. :-)

http://lowcaloriecooking.about.com/od/appetizer1/r/sevenlayerdip.htm
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I like to serve roasted gralic hummus with celery and red, yellow and orange pepper strips. It is usually a big hit and very colorful!!!
  • seleck05
    seleck05 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    If you go to the hungry girl.com website she has a TON of traditional "gameday" recipes like onion rings, potato skins etc. but w/ low cal ingredients subbed in..everything is really low cal and most of it is really tasty!
  • lindsay1982
    lindsay1982 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    If you go to the hungry girl.com website she has a TON of traditional "gameday" recipes like onion rings, potato skins etc. but w/ low cal ingredients subbed in..everything is really low cal and most of it is really tasty!

I am making Hungry Girl Jalapeno Swappers. 2 Points for 5 popppers. Jalapenos, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, egg sub, and fiber one cereal for coating, bake for thirty minutes, and enjoy!!!
  • teb1215
    Options
    My daughter makes a fabulous homemade hummus. She makes homemade wheat pitas too and then grills them. It's a fabulous appetizer!

I'll be bringing a bunch of organic veggies to dip also. I'm planning on making homemade guacamole too. I use organic avocados, lemon juice, cilantro, a little salt and fresh garlic. So healthy and so delicious! Just mash it all together.

I may even make pico de gallo which is organic roma tomatoes, fresh lime juice, fresh cilantro, a little salt, sweet raw onions chopped finely, a little fresh jalepeno (leave out if you don't like spicy) and just toss to serve.

Amazingly delicious!
  • mhopkins
    Options
    Thank you for sharing the hungrygirl.com website! I just checked it out and it's awesome with so many recipes!!