Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Good versitile sneakers

Okay I need some suggestions. I feel like there are way too many sneakers to choose from. My main forms of exercise are hiking and at home DVDs and weight training so I need something with a thick enough sole that when I am hiking I don't have rocks rip through the bottom and destroy them (which is what happened to my last pair), and light weight enough that they aren't clunky while I hike and I can wear them at home while working out. I am not opposed to buying a pair of mens sneakers either so feel free to chime in fellas!

Replies

• rcillo219
    rcillo219 Posts: 76 Member
    Really? No suggestions?
  • jonchew
    jonchew Posts: 239 Member
    Personally, I'd buy hiking shoes for hiking & a lightweight workout shoe for your indoor work.
    I know... absolutely no help at all, right??
  • I would not purchase one shoe for both. Hiking shoes and athletic shoes are completely different. You tell me what dollar area you want to be around and I will give you some solid advice (or at least try).
  • rcillo219
    Thanks! I was trying not to spend too much maybe no more then $100. I know I should probably get two different pairs but I really can't afford two expensive pairs lol hence trying to find one good expensive pair.
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Look into trail running shoes. They are designed for running on more rugged terrain so they are not as heavy as, say, a hiking boot, and they are flexible, but they are usually sturdier and more protective than a straight running shoe. Saucony and Asics are my favorite brands of athletic shoe, but if you have a running store in your area, I would recommend going in and getting fitted and asking for a recommendation for a trail running shoe. Also, you will be able to try on several pairs and walk the store in them and feel what works for you

And, hey....for a shoe that will potentially last you at least 6-7 months, if you spend 150 on it that's $25 a month. Your health is worth $25 a month. ;)
  • rcillo219
    Yes a trail running shoe is pretty much exactly what I'm looking for. I mean to be honest at the end of the day I can get a pair of champion sneakers from payless for $25 for my indoor workouts and every day use. My main concern is something stable for while I am hiking/jogging through the woods. Also, I haven't resorted to the cheap payless shoes for indoor only because I do want to make sure while I'm moving around either dancing or doing something like 30DS I have a good supportive shoe on and don't sprain my ankle or something. Decisions, decisions....lol
  • I really wouldn't buy one pair of shoes for both. They're very different exercises and especially if you'll be using them indoor vs. outdoors.. I'd buy two pairs, I think.
  • FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    I have adidas kanadia 4 trail shoes. I use them for outdoor and gym running, 30 day shred, they're so comfortable!
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    I use Women's K-Swiss Blade-Max Trail they are waterproof and so far no rocks have crept in. Some onlines store have them for $130. Shop around I found mine for $70.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    My question is, do you really want to dirty your floors with trail mud? Personally, if I'm indoors I'm barefoot. That includes lifting, HIIT, yoga, etc.
  • It's kind of hard to pick a shoe for running and hiking. If you'd like a shoe that is more designed for running, but also works for hiking, you should try puma. They have a thin sole, but they're light weight, and mine have lasted 8 months so far. However, if you want a shoe more for hiking, but also work for running, I'd pick the new Adidas shoes. They're lightweight, and they have a good sole (But not Nike thick, if you know what I mean). I think the Adidas would be great, but Pumas are cheaper (although they're both less than $100). Good luck with whatever you choose!
  • rcillo219
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I'm going to shop around for a sneaker to wear hiking and just get a pair of like champions or something for indoor/every day use. Much appreciated :flowerforyou: