ear bud recommendations

Options
I have a problem w/ ear buds staying in- too large when I'm excercising. Any suggestions/ recommendation for brands?

Replies

• FlamingJune67
    FlamingJune67 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDRPQ4-PNK-PIIQ-Headphones/dp/B003MB0WMA/ref=pd_cp_e_0

cheap, comfortable, and stay in until I take them out. I bought 3 pair because I was so afraid they'd stop making them :) They sort of clip to your earlobe like clip on earrings... except much more comfy. And they do not interfere with wearing sunglasses.
  • lhergenr
    lhergenr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    i like the rocketfish earbuds. they're cheap and have soft "buds" with interchangeable sizes.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I use JVC Marshmallow earbuds. I swear by them. You squish them down with your finger, put it in your ear, and then they conform to your ear and stay there. I use them for running, jumping jacks, etc. and they don't move. They're about $15.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    love my skull candy's
  • flechero
    flechero Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I bought a set at walmart which had 3 sizes of buds... less than $5.00 and sound is darn good.

Red package- can't remember brand off hand. (jvc maybe?)
  • dickies002
    Options
    If you want high-end, Bowers & Wilkins earbuds (freaking awesome - but $180). The design is perfect for exercising and sound quality is the best I've heard after testing many. I've had them for about a year; I'm an audiophile, so they were worth the investment to me.

If you want economy, I would agree with JVC Marshmallow earbuds ($15).
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Yurbuds are awesome! (yurbuds.com)

I got the red ones with the kevlar-coated cord. They never tangle and they never fall out!
  • DarkFlutter
    DarkFlutter Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I have a problem with that too.
    Only brand I found that works for me is iFrogz.
    No mic.
  • kym123tx
    kym123tx Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    RCA has really cheap ones that are like 5 buks and they come with with 3 diff sizes of ear buds! you can find them at your local family dollar ! they kick *kitten* their loud as hell!
  • kym123tx
    kym123tx Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I bought a set at walmart which had 3 sizes of buds... less than $5.00 and sound is darn good.

Red package- can't remember brand off hand. (jvc maybe?)

lol i bought the same ones their RCA THEY ARE KICK *kitten*!
  • Lisasfit
    Options
    I really like the Skull Candy ones that you squeeze then put in your ears. I have the same problem and these are perfect!
  • Kenhabes
    Kenhabes Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    My ears are small and ear buds are ALWAYS falling out. Being a musician and trained audio engineer, I'm very picky about sound, much to my wife's chagrin. I have a pair of ThinkSound.com ear buds and am completely satisfied with them. They are a bit on the pricier side but well worth it.
  • knittermom07
    knittermom07 Posts: 94 Member
    Options

I got the red ones with the kevlar-coated cord. They never tangle and they never fall out!

Same here, I have very small ears and most buds either fall out immediately or they hurt really badly after only a couple minutes. Yurbuds are the only one's ive found that are comfortable and they stay in, they've fallen out 2 times because my hand got caught in the cord and yanked them out. hahahaha.
  • rmk20togo
    rmk20togo Posts: 353 Member
    Options

+1 for Yurbuds!
  • vickilm1976
    vickilm1976 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I love Skull Candy's Full Metal Jacket ear buds. The only thing is that if you are wearing them outside, you should only use one side as they block out pretty much all outside noise.
  • abigailmariecs
    abigailmariecs Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I just bought a new pair two weeks ago and I am in love. Phillips makes sport ear buds with a clip that goes over the ear. The ear bud has three different sizes and the clip over the ear is plastic with a rubber adjuster. They were $25 at walmart and I have never owned a pair of headphones that I could actually move around with and keep on. I will be going back and buying a couple more just in case they stop making them.
  • misslindseylou
    misslindseylou Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I also love love love Skullcandy. I have a pair of their headphones and they've lasted for well over five years now!
  • EdgyMcSterious
    Options
    Get yourself a pair of Westone UM1s. Westone had been in the business of making products to fit the human ear for over 50 years. They also were a pioneer in the Music industry making custom in-ear monitors for musicians.

The earpieces are comfy and stay in place. I've used mine running, in the gym, doing yard work and they are especially great for traveling.

I must admit, my opinion is a bit biased, I work for Westone. I built their website.

Check 'em out: http://www.westone.com/music/
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Bose IE2. Not cheap but they sound great and you don't have to take them out to talk to someone.
    Multiple sizes and two styles. One that has extra support to keep it in the ear without stuffing it into the ear.