Am I eating too much??....

Options
I seem to always go over on sugar...which is lame.
And right now I feel like im going to puke for making myself eat my exercise cals.
I exercise everyday and burn 350-500 cals a day in cardio plus weights 2-3 times a week...

Im not losing!

here is my day of food today...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/karissastephens

Replies

• cvtga
    cvtga Posts: 118
    Options
    Your link is not working. You need to set your food diary to public.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    It didn't let me view it... how tall are you though?

~Leash :heart:
  • karissastephens
    karissastephens Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    oops! Sry! Its public now
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/karissastephens

and im 5''71/2
  • VballLeash
    Options
    I don't think your eating too much first of all... you may want to watch the sugar when its coming from stuff like starbucks and plus the banana bread didn't have sugar numbers and usually that has sugar in it... its ok if you go over when its coming from fruits and and veggies.. My thing with eating exercise calories is if I'm not hungry than I won't eat, especially not all of them... so it depends on the day... you don't have much to lose so you will probably have to eat close to maintenance and its going to come off slowly unfortunately... good luck! :smile:

• Jacksie
    Options
    When my husband and I went on the idiot diet we did really good. I lost 40lbs and I was eating good. Fish, fruits, veggies, cottage cheese that I love. I need to get back on that...so good luck with yours!
  • karissastephens
    Options
    thanks girl! ANYONE else have any advice for me or comments? id love to hear em!
  • cvtga
    cvtga Posts: 118
    Options
    I don't think your eating too much. I personally don't stress about eating my exercise cals. If I'm hungry I grab a handful of almonds in between meals, if I'm not hungry I skip it. Watch the sugar though. I am currently doing a low carb and low cal. diet, so I think going over on sugar might be a concern, but others might argue with me. Your tall and don't have a lot of weight to lose, its going to be a slower process for you, but keep in mind even if the scale doesn't change your measurements might. So don't lose faith and stick with it. GL
  • VballLeash
    Options
    Also try increasing the intensity of your workouts... if you don't do intervals I would add those!

• karissastephens
    Options
    oh i do! haha I cant even imagine right now how I would increase the intensity...i work sooo hard
  • tiffanyraes
    Options
    Girl I feel ya!!!! I seem to be eating over on my carbs everyday. However, I'm always under my calorie goal :(
    Thanks for your post.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    It's possible you are over-estimating what you burn in exercise. Your numbers seem reasonable but people can vary so much and, if you are very fit, you may not burn as much as the machines and MFP says. When I got a HRM, I found MFP was over-estimating on everything except running, for example. (I wasn't that fit but my heart rate tends to be lower than average.)
  • karissastephens
    Options
    MacMadme... I do cardio machines but I make sure I log my age and weight into them. Would that still effect the estimated calories burned on the machine?
  • BigdaddyJ
    Options
    MacMadme... I do cardio machines but I make sure I log my age and weight into them. Would that still effect the estimated calories burned on the machine?

the HRM on those machines are really not accurate....you would do better if you got a personnal one ;)

JF
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options

the HRM on those machines are really not accurate....you would do better if you got a personnal one ;)

JF

I can do a 33 min workout on the crosstrainer and it says i burn 560ish cals.. thats once i've entered in the numbers ect..
    however my HRM tells me i've only burnt around 320?! sooo... you do the math.. thats about 240cals out..! Dont rely on the machines numbers...
    Hope it helps..
  • supercool111
    Options
    Did you set the sugar goal yourself? It's INSANELY low... This food log always seems to set the goals really low...

Also I don't think you should force yourself to eat. Just eat when you are hungry. Don't worry about the calories too much.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Karissa, if you're serious about this, email me, I looked at 2 weeks of your profile and there are some things I'd definitely like to analyze more closely about your diet, but there's no need to do it on a public forum as it would all be specific information to you.

But to answer your original question, I'd say generally not enough calories, and WAAAAY too much refined sugar. I know people are gonna hate me for saying this but, Starbucks is sugar satan! Step away from the Starbucks.
  • karissastephens
    Options
    The comments about the machines being not right on calories...isnt it usually about 8 to 10 calories a min. burned?
  • BigdaddyJ
    Options
    it's different for eveybody, same machine same intensity, i'm gonna burn way more calorie than you because i'm way heavier...
  • trisha8283
    trisha8283 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    hey I'm trisha, I started this about a month ago and have lost 17lbs and now I am not loosing anymore....but looking at your chart it looks like you need more protein less sugar and carbs that could make you tired..but you are staying under your calorie goal so thats good but carbs are harder to burn off! I usually don't eat alot of that...more protien then anything but i have to take a fiber supplement. I stay between 600 and 800 calories a day. I am not loosing anymore now..any suggestions?
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    hey I'm trisha, I started this about a month ago and have lost 17lbs and now I am not loosing anymore....but looking at your chart it looks like you need more protein less sugar and carbs that could make you tired..but you are staying under your calorie goal so thats good but carbs are harder to burn off! I usually don't eat alot of that...more protien then anything but i have to take a fiber supplement. I stay between 600 and 800 calories a day. I am not loosing anymore now..any suggestions?
    I posted in your other thread but you are definitely not eating enough if you are between 600-800 calories daily. You should be getting at least 1200 calories in.