exercise music suggestions, please

Options
i would like to get new to me tunes on my mp3 player but have no idea of tunes!:huh: :huh: :huh:

can u suggest some for me?:wink::wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

thank you

Replies

• wildjoker81
    wildjoker81 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I don't know what your tastes in music are but fast heavy metal does the trick for me. Some metallica right when I'm about to lose my motivation really kicks me up over the top. The tempo kinda unconsciously speeds up your workout tempo. Let me know if that helps.
  • weeble2008
    weeble2008 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    The Silversun Pickups have really been working for me lately!
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I know it's dumb... but I HAVE to listen to Eye of the Tiger during any workout... I also like Rhianna's Disturbia, Trust Company and have to listen to Bodies and Down with the Sickness (or as I call it "the electricuted monkey song... lol)
  • thuelskamp
    thuelskamp Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I think anything Lady Gaga would be good. It's just upbeat and fun.
  • indiankel
    indiankel Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I tend to listen to heavier music to get me going but I do agree that Lady Gaga is very upbeat. Rhianna, Black Eyed Peas help too.
  • ljm0104
    Options
    www.fitnessmagzine.com has a whole section on music for any type of exercise. Thats where I get all my ideas for music. From the main page click on workout on the very top and then workout playlist on the left hand column. Hope you find some good tunes!
  • wildjoker81
    wildjoker81 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I know it's dumb... but I HAVE to listen to Eye of the Tiger during any workout... I also like Rhianna's Disturbia, Trust Company and have to listen to Bodies and Down with the Sickness (or as I call it "the electricuted monkey song... lol)

Eye of the tiger... I guess if it works for Rocky...
    "YOUR AN ANIMAL ROCK!!!!!"
  • Elfie1
    Elfie1 Posts: 30
    Options
    I just reloaded my ipod also....here are some of my new (or old) favorites;

Mozilla - Freezing
    Michael Jackson - Beat It
    Train - Hey Soul Sister
    Iyaz - Replay
    Lykke Li - Possibility - odd, but I like listening to it for some reason

I also have some oldies...Tears for Fears and Journey
  • findingnikki
    Options
    Check out Body by Pizza blog.. she has a link for a 60 min music remix that is great Free download!
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    My girl and I were just getting a great workout dancing to High School Musical!:laugh:
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I work at a gym and I have learned that everyone has different tastes when it comes to workout music. Some people like songs that are inspirational lyrically, some just like a good beat, some like metal to rev them up a bit, some like happy bouncy music. I have no idea what your tastes are, otherwise i'd give you some song examples, but I could just give you a bit of what some people listen to.

Most people like the hip hop music with strong beats, or just strong beats in general. you can try : LMFAO, Black Eyed Peas, Rihanna, Jay Z, The ***** Cat Dolls, Benny Benassi, Daft Punk, Beyonce, 3oh!3 and soo much more. I actually really enjoy working out to Aqua. It's so peppy!

I also find, mostly for the guys who come in and lift weights, that stuff like ACDC and Metallica can work. Eye of the Tiger is also always a good pump up song, haha.

If you aren't really into hip hop, you could try aerobics music. It's good for girls and especially women who don't like huge amounts of bass pumping. You can find lots of good songs on aerobics cds, it's definitely worth looking into.
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Just found this awesome, very fast electro-techno dance music by: Basshunter. Try the songs "I can walk on water" and "All I ever wanted". These two songs will pump you up and get you rockin' in your workout.
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    i loaded the suggestions!

thank you!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: