Qdoba Mexican Grill - AWESOME nutritional calculator!

Options
If any of you out there are like me, you are constantly looking for some place to eat out that A) posts nutritional info and B) has ANYTHING on the menu that isn't over 500 calories. I was researching for a place to eat tonight, and to my surprise Qdoba Mexican Grill has a complete nutritional calculator so you can choose your ingredients in advance and know how many calories you'll consume. Not only that, but inside the restaurant they provide a healthy eating menu that lists several eating options with calories UNDER 500! I went today and had a naked shredded beef burrito with black beans, pico de gallo, lettuce, and salsa for under 400 calories. They also have an awesome option of tortilla soup, a taco, and a diet soda or unsweetened tea for under 300 calories!

Anyway, I'll post the link to the calculator in case any of you are interested. If you know of any other restaurants that provide low-cal options, please post!! Thanks!

http://www.qdoba.com/Calculator.aspx#

Replies

• Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Love it.
  • sk2010
    sk2010 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I agree - they have a good nutrition calculator! I get the 8oz tortilla soup, with no toppings or extras - good flavor and under 100 calories!
  • DaveyGravy
    DaveyGravy Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    That is really great, I love eating there when i'm in the US!

One thing about Mexican food chains is that the sizes can really vary from outlet to outlet or even server to server. I remember we went to Moe's twice in 2 weeks (For the cheap Monday deal!) and the first time it was an average sized burrito, but the second time I swear there was twice as much chicken in there, and a lot more sour cream etc.

So really, i'd say even though they do list them, use them as a guide only.
  • raleigh
    raleigh Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    That is very good info to have--thanks so much!
  • thuelskamp
    thuelskamp Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That's cool, I'll have to try eating there sometime since they have vegan options too.