Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012

Options
I just want to express my love for this game. It's for Xbox kinect, and is simply fabulous. I've only had it for 3 days, so I haven't been able to check out everything it has to offer, but in it you can:

-do yoga.
-do thai chi.
-do bollywood dancing.
-focus on arms, back, butt, legs, abs, etc.
-do cardio boxing.
-run around a 3D world (and while passing landmarks, it tells you interesting tidbits about them).
-warm up.
-punch away burned calories.
-AND MORE.

So, if you're looking for something that doesn't have you jumping around the house like a mad man (or woman), I suggest this workout game. I wear a heart rate monitor while doing it, but if you don't have one, it calculates calories burned for you.

Replies

• BalmyD
    BalmyD Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I also love this game!
  • 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I've been using it for a while now and I agree: it's great and it never gets boring. :)
    My gamertag is Melyanna505 if you want to add me.

I love the running bit, even if I feel a bit silly, running on the spot.
  • LazyHairyBear
    LazyHairyBear Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I got this and used it a little but it has been gathering dust on the shelf since I started the C25K. It certainly is a lot of fun and I can see it becoming a very enticing alternative to running on rainy days in the very near future.
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    I have tried this....I have it at home but haven't picked it up in awhile.

I have a hard time seeing a cutout, very wide, fat version of me trying to exercise on the tv lol It was so sad and pathetic.

I've lost 20 lbs since then....maybe I look better on it now :-) I'll have to boot it up and see.
  • 00Melyanna00
    Options
    I have tried this....I have it at home but haven't picked it up in awhile.

I have a hard time seeing a cutout, very wide, fat version of me trying to exercise on the tv lol It was so sad and pathetic.

I've lost 20 lbs since then....maybe I look better on it now :-) I'll have to boot it up and see.

Those virtual teachers are damn fit! The cutout image of any person would look awkward near them.
  • 00Melyanna00
    Options
    By the way - this might be interesting to you: there is a bug with the calories counter in the game.
    If you do a training session that has you alternate standing exercises and ground exercises (like push ups), the game will stop counting calories after you have done the series of ground exercises. To make it work again, you can go out of the play-space (out of the cone of view of the Kinect sensor). The game will pause itself and will resume once you are back in the play space.
    Most of the times (like 90%) this allows the calories counter to become unstuck.
    You can go out of the play space in those moments when the game is loading the next exercise, so your exercises won't be affected by it.
    I know consumed calories aren't everything when exercising, but since the game has achievements based on calories (and I love me some achievements), this issue can get pretty annoying anyway.
    When you go out of the Kinect playspace, you will be signed off from your profile, but this doesn't affect your progress at all.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I love the game too, but I HAVE to play with a heart rate monitor on. The calorie estimate given by the game is WOEFULLY inaccurate. The game can tell me I've burned a total of 150 cals over the last 60 minutes of play (I tend to do a few warm ups, a game, a work out then a dance to cool down and maybe some yoga) but according to my HRM I've burned almost 600.

Other than that, I love it, I've never run out of things to do.