opinions on seltzer water?

Options
I usually don't drink it because it's carbonated, but what do other people think?
Bad for you? Good for you?

Replies

• Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    It's clasic comedy with people squart each other with it. Aside from that I have no input.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,953 Member
    Options
    It's carbonated water. If you like bubbles, it's the least harmful of any carbonated bevs. What would be harmful about it?
  • gc_tweety
    gc_tweety Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I make my own at home and love it.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    My only objection to carbonated drinks is the belching they usually cause. :blushing:
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I use it to mix with fresh orange juice or another juice to make a light refreshing drink.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    The only thing worse for you is skim milk.
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    sparkling water isn't bad for you and I like it because it tends to make me feel fuller than plain old water. I drink it pretty regularly.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Hate the taste
  • Amajoy
    Amajoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE me some seltzer water!!! I could care less about soda cause my favorite thing about it is the bubbles. It provides no nutritional value so you can have as much as you want. Just make sure you are buying seltzer water and not club soda which contains sodium.

My favorite brand is Safeways brand of seltzer water, its the most bubbly compared to the fancy and more expensive brands like, Perrier, LaCroix, or San Pellegrino.
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    The taste :sick: I find it disgusting.

Now some sparkling water in yummy flavors like black cherry, mandarin orange and white grape, yum! It's become my soda replacement for the times when I want something jazzier than plain ole tasty water.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say it's good for you, but not really too bad either. I dunno, I think the stuff is disgusting!!
  • emcmullen20
    emcmullen20 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i loveeeee it. it gives me my soda satisfaction without the sodium. i love the bubbles and some of the polar brand flavors are great! ginger lemonade, pina colada, etc.

Also - Polar brand diet grape "soda" is actually not the worst either. It is sodium/calorie free.
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I don't like it... unless it's in a mojito.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I put lime in it and dash of salt and mix it up. It's good especially if you want to avoid getting a regular soda.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Its water with carbon dioxide. You breathe out carbon dioxide with every breath! It's.... 60% (?) of the air that you breathe? Probably okay for ya ;-) I make my own at home and add a slice of citrus.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I don't like it... unless it's in a mojito.

vodka and club for me, thanks. slice of lime too.
  • ShellyShuey
    Options
    If the option is this vs diet soda, then I'm all for the selzer option.
  • JESSJESJ
    JESSJESJ Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    the negative opinions of it are interesting.

I love it. I drink so much more water because of it. usually 1-2 L a day. as someone else said, as long as its the sodium free kind, go for it.

oh as someone else mentioned - polar peppermint kind is very tasty - tastes like a candy cane, even almost tastes sweet but w/o sweeteners.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    It's water with bubbles. It's ok for you.

Straight..it tastes disgusting. With booze, it's a delight.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Whiskey and seltzer for me. Kthanksbye.