Green Monster Recipes

Options
I would love to try the Green Monster Smoothie .
Do anyone have good recipes and tips for it :)
I want to know can I drink it for Breakfast and lunch ?

Replies

• SeeHeatherRun
    SeeHeatherRun Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yield: 2-3 servings
    Ingredients:
    1 banana (frozen or not), cut into chunks
    1 cup chopped frozen pineapple
    1 pear, coarsely chopped
    1½ cups orange juice
    2½ cups baby spinach leaves, rinsed and dried
    1-2 tbsp. honey
    3 tbsp. ground flaxseed (optional)

Directions:
    Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until completely smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness with additional honey, if desired. Serve immediately.
  • SeeHeatherRun
    SeeHeatherRun Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    ....or....

Handful of fresh baby spinach
    Handful of frozen diced pineapple
    Handful of frozen sliced peaches or diced mango
    1 banana, peeled and cut up
    1 cup orange juice (or more as needed)

Dump all ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth and at desired drinking texture. Add more orange juice as needed, to allow the ingredients to blend. Pour into individual servings cups.

*Note: Any combination of fruit may be used according to your tastes. Other leafy greens besides spinach can also be used. You may also add other nutritional ingredients such as ground flax seed, wheat germ, etc. The above recipe reflects my favorite combination.
  • KatMo92
    Options
    Yield: 2-3 servings
    Ingredients:
    1 banana (frozen or not), cut into chunks
    1 cup chopped frozen pineapple
    1 pear, coarsely chopped
    1½ cups orange juice
    2½ cups baby spinach leaves, rinsed and dried
    1-2 tbsp. honey
    3 tbsp. ground flaxseed (optional)

Directions:
    Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until completely smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness with additional honey, if desired. Serve immediately.

Thank you :)
    Do you know how much calories ?
  • JessicaKingerySC
    Options
    I started doing green smoothies last week....today is my 9th consecutive day! I love them!!! You can have them for breakfast and lunch, but I would suggest having other healthy snacks to go with them...especially if you do not add protein to your smoothies. For recipes, you can pretty much mix just about anything. My favorite so far was: 2 small apples, 2 small pears, 1 small banana, 1 cup of spinach,1cup of kale, 1 tbsp chia seeds, 1 scoop eas lean 15 vanilla protein powder.
  • KatMo92
    Options
    I started doing green smoothies last week....today is my 9th consecutive day! I love them!!! You can have them for breakfast and lunch, but I would suggest having other healthy snacks to go with them...especially if you do not add protein to your smoothies. For recipes, you can pretty much mix just about anything. My favorite so far was: 2 small apples, 2 small pears, 1 small banana, 1 cup of spinach,1cup of kale, 1 tbsp chia seeds, 1 scoop eas lean 15 vanilla protein powder.

Thank you ! I really don't like eating breakfast at all. I think the smoothie would help with my weight lose , I don't tend to eat that much protein as I should .

Is protein powder is good enough
    http://amazinggrass.com/product/38/Berry-Green-SuperFood-30-servings.html
    ?
  • JessicaKingerySC
    Options

Thank you ! I really don't like eating breakfast at all. I think the smoothie would help with my weight lose , I don't tend to eat that much protein as I should .

Is protein powder is good enough
    http://amazinggrass.com/product/38/Berry-Green-SuperFood-30-servings.html
    ?

I personally would not use a product like that...I think you are better off using real fruits and veggies, and that only has 2 grams of protein. I forgot to mention that you have to add some liquid to the smoothie as well...I use green tea, but you can just use water.
  • Amajoy
    Amajoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I just joined back up with MFP so I could track my green smoothie nutritional intake. I literally just started this morning but this recipe was my breakfast and will be my lunch today.

If you like Peanut butter and banana's you will love this recipe.

Ingredients:
    4 cups - Baby Spinach
    1 Med. - Frozen sliced Banana (buy banana's, slice in 1 inch pieces, and freeze)
    1 TB - Natural No salt added Peanut Butter
    1 TB - Greek Gods - Honey Greek Yogurt - R
    1 Cup - Silk Pure Almond Unsweetened All Natural Almondmilk
    1 Rounded Scoop - Optimal Nutrition - 100% Whey Protein - French Vanilla Creme

Nutrition Facts for the Brands/ingredients listed above -

Calories: 410
    Carbs: 43
    Fat:13
    Protein: 35
    Sugar: 17
    Sodium: 359
  • JessicaKingerySC
    Options
    I just joined back up with MFP so I could track my green smoothie nutritional intake. I literally just started this morning but this recipe was my breakfast and will be my lunch today.

Ingredients:
    4 cups - Baby Spinach
    1 Med. - Frozen sliced Banana (buy banana's, slice in 1 inch pieces, and freeze)

This smoothie sounds great! Is this recipe for one serving or do you split it between breakfast and lunch?
  • PuggleMama33
    PuggleMama33 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Amajoy
    Amajoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options

Ingredients:
    4 cups - Baby Spinach

This smoothie sounds great! Is this recipe for one serving or do you split it between breakfast and lunch?

Hello!!! This recipe is for one serving, so I just double up everything and divided it into two of the large "BLENDER Bottles" (shaker cups for protein powers and such). I drank one on the way into work, stuck the other in the fridge and when lunch time came around nothing had seperated at all, but I did give it a little shake and added some ice cause I like mine super cold... :)

VERY tasty, just like a peanut butter and banana sandwich! lol

You don't have to use the whey protein if you dont want to, the original recipe didnt have it but I am all about high protein diets and being that these were meal replacements I wanted to make sure I was getting enough protein.
  • KatMo92
    Options

Ingredients:
    4 cups - Baby Spinach

Thank you !
    I need to try this one soon :)
  • tnladyvol
    Options
    :smile: bump