Options
    POPCORN!!!!!
  • Juddyy7
    Options
    Yup :D I second that. Popcorn <3
  • recee96
    recee96 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I just stumbled upon chunk light tuna in sunflower oil. It's really good plain and I eat it with a serving of saltine crackers. Normally, I eat the tuna in water but I always have to add condiments with it.
  • starjd
    Options
    I love having home made pop corn! I bought a machine so it's air popped (its better than making it in a pan with oil/butter), and i add a few spoons of low calorie sweetener like splenda. Three cups (once popped) is roughly 93 calories :D My problem is only having three cups!
  • melissafaith24
    melissafaith24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Right now my favorite snack is imitation crab meat. You get 1/2 a cup for 90 calories. I also love string cheese!

What low calorie snacks are you eating? I need ideas.

What on earth is imitation crab meat, and what is it made of, and why wouldn't you eat a real crab instead?

I'm not really sure what it's made up of and I don't really care. All I know is it is 90 calories and it's delicious. :smile:

lol i got stuck on the imitation crab meat (dipped in vinegar) when i was doing that crazy hcg diet. itll take me a while to come back around to it.
  • emcmullen20
    emcmullen20 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Baket Kettle Brand Chips They come in a lot of different flavors and a handful or two is a great fixer for salt cravings.

Also carrot chips in low fat or fat free dressing, yogurt, laughing cow light cheese wedges (35 cal each - enough for a few crackers) with wheat thin chips.
  • BlairCottier
    BlairCottier Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    red,yellow, and orange peppers with bolthouse ranch dressing (only 45 cals per tblsp), and if you are a carb girl like I am - grissini breadsticks (22 cal/stick) you can munch on 2 or 3 and get your carb fix :) Also homemade guacamole is the BEST!! with wheat scoops tortilla chips. Make it on Sunday and pack it for snacks throughout the work week!

Guacamole I make - 2 or 3 avocados, 2 roma tomatoes, red or white onion, garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper - so fresh and yummy! Don't eat too much at once though, high in fat due to the avocado.
  • melodylyn73
    melodylyn73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese
    tuna
    almonds
    sugar snap peas
    wasa flatbread w/peanut butter
    cucumbers
  • sparksshannon
    sparksshannon Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hummus with green bell pepper
    pistachios
    popcorn
    cheese, grapes and a boiled egg
    hot tea or coffee
    jerky
  • adietz12
    adietz12 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I pack carb boom (110 calories) for that time between lunch and dinner and as I am heading to the gym. It keeps the hunger at bay and there is no calorie creep from misjudging how much I had. I find the less I enjoy a food and the more I focus on using it for fuel, the easier it is to stave off cravings and not obsess about eating. I have lost 82lbs since 2009.
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Right now my favorite snack is imitation crab meat. You get 1/2 a cup for 90 calories. I also love string cheese!

What low calorie snacks are you eating? I need ideas.

What on earth is imitation crab meat, and what is it made of, and why wouldn't you eat a real crab instead?

It's pollock.
  • legaline
    legaline Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i like to make my own trail mix, my simplified version is just almonds and dried cranberries. I also like to take a plain rice cake and add 1/2 TBSP peanut butter and 1/2 TBSP (reduced sugar) jam (~ about 100 cals)
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I pack carb boom (110 calories) for that time between lunch and dinner and as I am heading to the gym. It keeps the hunger at bay and there is no calorie creep from misjudging how much I had. I find the less I enjoy a food and the more I focus on using it for fuel, the easier it is to stave off cravings and not obsess about eating. I have lost 82lbs since 2009.

Carb boom?
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Veggies and dip! Hummus is low calorie and nothing gets lower calorie than some yummy veggies! An entire red bell pepper is less than 50 kcal.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Two slices of Bacon. Once a day, FTW. :heart:
  • Melodypharmon
    Options
    I love Jicama. It's sweet, and you get the crunch too.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Your mom. :drinker:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Grapes, Carrots with Dean's Ranch Dip, Quaker Cheddar Rice Cakes, Tomato Basil Wheat Thins... You can tell I love salt.
  • kekeholleywood
    kekeholleywood Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    yes!!...I second the Healthy Choice frozen greek yogurt - vanilla bean is my personal fav :)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Your mom. :drinker:

I find her to be too tough.