Mini Subway Freak-Out...

Options
So... I just sort of had a mini freak-out at Subway. Well, not really, but I embarassed myself.

Decided to treat myself today and got a six inch turkey-breast sub on whole wheat. Specifically asked for mustard, no mayo. What does the guy do? He reaches for the mayo (not paying attention) and goes to squirt it on the bun. So I, all panicked, practically shout, "WAIT! NO MAYO!" at the poor guy (who was a trainee). Seriously. You'd have thought it was a life or death situation.

Everyone in the place looked at me. I think I was louder than intended.

Wooops.

...And so ends my little mini-vent.

Replies

• Ktbell626
    Ktbell626 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Well it happens to all of us, I would have apologized and went on my merry way. At least you didn't get hit on by your subway guy!
  • jawhwilson
    Options
    Lovin this post. I totally know how you feel. Except I did this to my daughter yesterday. I asked her to bring me a soda and she brought me a regular pepsi instead of a diet. I sooo wanted the sweet goodness, but was like no get mommy one out of the box. She looked at me like I was crazy. lol
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    That's Funny!!!!!!!!! He will probably be scared to death of the mayo bottle for now on.:laugh:
  • stahlight
    Options
    Eh... you're paying good money for the food -- it shall be how you desire it. In other news, with no offense intended to any sandwich shop workers we have here, I have to say they have the lowest IQ's i can think of... I hate swiss cheese, and will ask for a sandwich with another cheese... 9 times out of 10, not 15 seconds after i say NO SWISS! the employee will reach for swiss... ok... </rant>
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    At least you caught him in time:laugh: He will be listening more carefully from now on:embarassed: So how was that sub anyway:tongue: I'm missing the bread:wink:

Laura
  • momie0205
    Options
    Omg I love subway I could eat there every day.
  • DaveyGravy
    DaveyGravy Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm the same with them putting cheese on automatically, I pretty much have eradicated all cheese from my meals for the last 6 months and when they go to lay provolone or cheddar on there, I get a bit worried and sort of make sure they know not to put that cheese on there!

Regarding mayo in Subway, the light mayo isn't TOO bad really ;)
  • kimberlygo
    Options
    You made me want to get subway for lunch tomorrow
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Regarding mayo in Subway, the light mayo isn't TOO bad really ;)
    Very true. 1 Tbsp of reg may is 110 cal whereas the light mayo is only 50, less than half!

When I feel like I need mayo, I tell them light mayo and "easy on the mayo" to make sure they don't put more that that. I forgot one time to say easy on the mayo and holy cow!! That was about 3 tbsp! When I got my sandwhich I prompty wiped most of it off (that I could).
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Normally I don't eat at Subway because of the sodium but I wanted to treat myself today. Got the soup, too, which was even MORE sodium. Ick. Going to drink about a case of water now and avoid salt for the rest of the day, ick!

Calorie-wise I'm doing AWESOME, though, lol......

I may have traumatized the poor boy. Hopefully it will teach him a lesson about paying attention. ;)

Though, I didn't so much SHOUT at him as I called out, in general- much like you would do to someone who was about to step in front of a bus, lol.
  • lindsay1982
    lindsay1982 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    That's Funny!!!!!!!!! He will probably be scared to death of the mayo bottle for now on.:laugh:

I know I would be!!!!!! Too funny!! I would tell everyone, "Watch out for the Mayo Bottle..." o_O
  • JE55Y
    JE55Y Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Ha Ha! I actually think I would have reacted the same way.

I lost 14 pounds from eating Subway a few years ago. I found it was so easy to count the calories as their website has all the nutritional information. If you stick to the low calorie subs and don't have meatball marinara or BMT every day then you can lose lots!

I did get quite bored with Subway after a while though....

Now i tend to have the Subway Turkey Breast and Turkey Ham (It's Halal, so they don't have Ham lol), on wheat with no cheese and Honey and mustard sauce. Mmm..
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    In other news, with no offense intended to any sandwich shop workers we have here, I have to say they have the lowest IQ's i can think of

:grumble:
    Just because you preface something with "no offense intended" or "I'm not trying to be rude, but" doesn't mean what follows isn't extremely offensive and rude.
    I have a professional full time job, but I do work part time in food service. I don't make sandwiches -- I deliver pizzas and about the same amount of mental effort is required for both jobs. Do I eff up sometimes and forget someone's soda or extra parmesan cheese? Yep! And, about my IQ, suffice it to say I was very easily accepted into Mensa. :wink: Try to keep an check on those highly offensive generalizations, my friend.

Carrie, I think the "NO MAYO!" yelp was fine. I would've done the exact same thing. And would've been equally humiliated, but, yeah, it's fine. :laugh:
  • Kuma_Brown
    Options
    rofl I did a very similar thing at Subway a couple weeks ago, but the girl was going to put reg instead of lite mayo! You would have though she was dumping on a vat of onions they way I spazzed so don't feel to bad you are in good company!

edit:
    oops thought I was signed into my account honestly my hubby wouldn't react that way!!
  • kaytbognar
    Options
    Just pretend you're deathly allergic to it or something. LOL.
  • OddSquid
    OddSquid Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Just pretend you're deathly allergic to it or something. LOL.

Actually, that's no lie. A friend of mine actually *IS* deathly allergic to any egg-based product (which mayo is). There's no excuse for not listening to the customer -- reflexive response means you're not paying attention, so there's no reason to feel embarrassed about yelling when a trainee doesn't listen or immediately forgets what you ordered.

I've done my time as a teenager at Burger Kings, so I've taken the heat as much as I've given it. It taught me to pay closer attention to what I'm doing.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    In other news, with no offense intended to any sandwich shop workers we have here, I have to say they have the lowest IQ's i can think of

Just because you preface something with "no offense intended" or "I'm not trying to be rude, but" doesn't mean what follows isn't extremely offensive and rude.
    I have a professional full time job, but I do work part time in food service. I don't make sandwiches -- I deliver pizzas and about the same amount of mental effort is required for both jobs. Do I eff up sometimes and forget someone's soda or extra parmesan cheese? Yep! And, about my IQ, suffice it to say I was very easily accepted into Mensa. :wink: Try to keep an check on those highly offensive generalizations, my friend.

Carrie, I think the "NO MAYO!" yelp was fine. I would've done the exact same thing. And would've been equally humiliated, but, yeah, it's fine. :laugh:

no one can offend you without your consent... take it easy. he wasn't even talking about pizza delivery. Take a breath and just ....smile.
  • thica03
    thica03 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    LOL...enjoyed all the posts!!!!...LOL.....
  • tlapdx72
    tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
    Options

• tlapdx72
    tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
    Options