Favorite Low Cal Snacks

Options

Replies

• froggiechap
    froggiechap Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    carrots and 1 tbsp of ranch, string cheese, pretzel snacks and hummus, blue corn tortilla chips and salsa, bare fit cereal (but I have to put portion in a snack bag or I will eat the whole bag)
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Carrots with natural peanut butter, almonds or cucumbers with a little cream cheese. I love crunchy foods.
  • Gregmonica2002
    Options
    Small Red Delicious Apple.....Laughing Cow Blue Cheese Light Wedge (35cal) and 28 pretzel sticks (110) cal.....close to chips and dip as it gets.......yummmm......
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Protein fluff.
    Bavarian ham.
    Melon,
    Tinned mixed fruit in juice.
    Fridge Raiders.
    Weight watchers grated cheese.
  • Mini_Medic
    Mini_Medic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Quaker Quakes carmel corn mini rice cakes, popcorn, greek yogurt, frozen yogurt, fiber 1 90cal bars, and special k strawberry breakfast bars. Yum yum!
  • froggiechap
    froggiechap Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Tuna lettuce wraps

Combine 1 small can tuna with lemon pepper and lemon juice (to taste)

Use 1 romaine lettuce leaf and fill with tuna mixure, sliced cucumber and sliced tomato. Wrap and enjoy!

Wow! That sounds yummy!!!
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Cocoa roasted almonds. Yummm.
  • lndillon1
    lndillon1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Artic Zero and Popcorn. I also really like the Kroger Brand of Light Greek Yogurt - only 90 calories.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    who hasn't heard of Imitation crab meat? I believe it is just made of other fish that tastes like crab - hence, it is less expensive and you can usually buy it in a can.

What do you eat the crab meat with??

I have made those Skinnytaste Zucchini Tots and they are delicious.

I love Rice cakes as a snack - they are filling to me.
    Also, Apple & Cinnamon chobani
    Mini Pretzels
    Wheat thins with Laughing Cow

It depends if I'm craving something sweet, salty or savory.
  • samlankford
    Options
    1/2 cup quick cooking oats
    1/4 cup water
    dash of cinnamon
    dash of vanilla extract
    maybe 1/8 tsp of agave or honey
    1 tbsp pepitas

yup morning snack :smile:
  • sundropc14
    sundropc14 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    special K cracker chips..... 20 for 80 cal . also chapmans rainbow sorbet with no cholesterol, gluten free and lactose free. 1/2 cup 80 calories.
  • wicklc
    wicklc Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Tuna lettuce wraps

Combine 1 small can tuna with lemon pepper and lemon juice (to taste)

Use 1 romaine lettuce leaf and fill with tuna mixure, sliced cucumber and sliced tomato. Wrap and enjoy!

This sounds awesome!!
  • jickalina
    jickalina Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Basics: popcorn, pistachios, cherry tomatoes, hummus with veggies.

Storebought: Chipins, which are baked chips made out of popcorn and you can eat 18 for 130 cals! Also, these black bean pop chips (forget the brand) but you can have 13 for 100 cals.

Another great DIY creation is homemade "ice cream." Freeze half a banana then blend it with 1 cup of almond milk makes the most amazing sorbet--no ice cream maker needed! i've also tried the same thing with strawberries and mangoes. Banana works best but they all make a great creamy ice cream for only about 80 cals.
  • sundropc14
    sundropc14 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    ooh i cant wait to try the banana and almond milk.... yahoo
  • daddysgrl
    daddysgrl Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I read an article on top 10 snacks. #1 was beef jerky #2 triscuits (6 for 120 cals, fiber helps with hunger) I eat mine with light chive cream cheese #3 string cheese
  • shaybell34
    shaybell34 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Basics: popcorn, pistachios, cherry tomatoes, hummus with veggies.

Storebought: Chipins, which are baked chips made out of popcorn and you can eat 18 for 130 cals! Also, these black bean pop chips (forget the brand) but you can have 13 for 100 cals.

Another great DIY creation is homemade "ice cream." Freeze half a banana then blend it with 1 cup of almond milk makes the most amazing sorbet--no ice cream maker needed! i've also tried the same thing with strawberries and mangoes. Banana works best but they all make a great creamy ice cream for only about 80 cals.

This sounds delicious, have to try.
  • paprs
    paprs Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE Cabot reduced fat cheese snacks. Only 50 calories, and I think they're tastier (and cheaper!) than babybels.

A couple of Morningstar veggie buffalo chicken wings are always tasty and filling, too.

But my new favorite is a fuji apple sliced with lite laughing cow (original) spread over it.
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Quest Protein Bar (ton of filling protein, low carb, low sugar and low cal--it's like the perfect bar)
    Small banana with tsp on natural peanut butter
    Honeycrisp apple
    Joseph's pita bread (only 60 cals) with 2 tbsp hummus and a little crumbled feta
    Sugar free vitatop with tsp natural peanut butter
    1 oz pumpkin seeds or pistachios
    Almond milk with 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
    Packet of Quaker weight control oatmeal
  • kw85296
    kw85296 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Celery sticks dipped in mustard or honey mustard.
    Almonds
    Red Grapes
    Watermelon
  • shimmygirl411
    shimmygirl411 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Cucumber slices with pepper and a pinch of salt
    Skinny Pop popcorn from Costco
    String cheese
    Laughing Cow cheese wedge on Special K crackers
    Slided tomatoes - one tomato with pepper/dash salt and one tomato with stevia (for dessert) :wink: