What's up with Diet Coke???

Options
KrisKabob
KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
Okay this is the honest truth... Diet Coke is my least favorite diet soda, however, two times recently (once last week and another time the week before) I have been at places where that's the only diet soda they offered so I bought one both times. Well, I have a notion to go right down to their home office (it's here is Atlanta) and complain... BOTH of the diet cokes I bought in two completely different cities, places, etc. smelled like B.O.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sick:

And I am NOT KIDDING!!! When I took off the lid to take a sip the smell of B.O arose into my nose!!! And that was it! I threw them both away! :sad:

I am officially (as of last week) on the Diet Coke Boycott train!!!! :grumble:

Replies

• KrisKabob
    Options
    Okay this is the honest truth... Diet Coke is my least favorite diet soda, however, two times recently (once last week and another time the week before) I have been at places where that's the only diet soda they offered so I bought one both times. Well, I have a notion to go right down to their home office (it's here is Atlanta) and complain... BOTH of the diet cokes I bought in two completely different cities, places, etc. smelled like B.O.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sick:

And I am NOT KIDDING!!! When I took off the lid to take a sip the smell of B.O arose into my nose!!! And that was it! I threw them both away! :sad:

I am officially (as of last week) on the Diet Coke Boycott train!!!! :grumble:
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    i agree.. i can drink reg coke but diet..ugh... I LOVE diet pepsi... but since i gave up all pop including diet.. drink one for me..LOL...
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    eewwww...nasty! :sick:

I only drink soda when I'm using it as a mixer. (So about 6-8 cans/day). :bigsmile:

J/K :wink:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    eewwww...nasty! :sick:

I only drink soda when I'm using it as a mixer. (So about 6-8 cans/day). :bigsmile:

J/K :wink:

LOL!

You're like our own personal comedienne.

I can't drink much soda at all anymore. I used to drink it all the time but now that I drink more water, I just can't do it.
  • KrisKabob
    Options
    I usually allow myself one a day - if that! :wink: Most of the time I usually have about three a week. But when I am out in the temptation world I get one to keep me satisfied. :glasses: Anyway, I prefer Diet Mountain Dew if I drink a diet soda but that is so hard to come by with vending machines, restaurants, etc. :cry:
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I have grown fond of DIET Rite orange and black cherry sodas.

Shannon u could try the orange w/vodka.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

:love: :love:

My current fave is diet ginger ale w/vanilla vodka. But I only drink it so ya'll won't have to. I'm a giver that way. :wink:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    That is nasty - what's going on??? Maybe do contact the folks at Diet Coke... since starting this diet I do use "diet pops" as a little evening treat with some light popcorn every now and then.

SHANNON - OMG - you are SO funny. You look like a pretty, sweet, mild mannered lady, and then you come out with some really funny stuff...
    :tongue:
  • BigCityKittyz
    BigCityKittyz Posts: 378
    Options
    I can just see the headlines now....

"Extreme Health Activist, who concealed his identity as such while working at a Coca Cola processing plant is being investigated for adding "secret ingredient" to Diet Coke.

He explained that while training for triathalon season, he was saving every precious drop of his hard earned health and adding the secret sabatoge to the main product before it was sealed.

"I just wanted people to stop drinking the "poison"...I wanted them to be repulsed by it. I mean...you can use the stuff to clean rust off of a toilet and a chrome bumper. Imagine what people are doing to their own plumbing!" explained, Mr. Jour Krazee... I just wanted them to be so sickened by the time they went for a drink...that they would just "Throw it away!" ...mission accomplished! Or so he thought.

There has been an increase in diet Coke sales....and deodorant spray. Which just goes to show, you can't keep people away from what they love!

"I just spray the lid before sipping, " an anymous buyer stated casually. Secret Freesia is my fave!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Okay....BCK is BORED! LOL!
  • BigCityKittyz
    BigCityKittyz Posts: 378
    Options

I totally dig the Rite Orange and if they don't have it I have to settle for the Diet Sunkist.....vodka huh?:drinker:
  • rainysoul
    rainysoul Posts: 69
    Options
    Hi! Cant say that I am a big diet coke fan!
    However, I LOVE Diet Sunkist and Diet Dr. Pepper!
    and as far as the out to eat places go... bring your own! Yuppers! Its your body, they have a problem with it, tell them why you have had to bring your own drink!
    And if you cant do that....
    Water. I know I know.. but you are eating out.. so.. its better anyways. :)
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I"ll be the first - I love my diet coke! I'm happy when I stick to 2 cans a day:noway: It's been a little more than that lately since we've been finishing up the end of the school year stuff. But... I've never noticed a bo smell. Maybe it's the water they're mixing with with down there
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Hey K ...

I haven't noticed anything different about any cans of diet coke that I have consumed lately, and I just had one with my lunch. That said, diet sodas can go rancid if they are left in the heat. But if you bought them from different stores, this is probably not the reason why it tasted bad to you.

After giving up diet coke for a long time, I didn't think much of it the first time I had it after the long break. And the first time I went on the pill, a lot of things tasted different - i.e. bad - to me, including diet coke. A change in hormone levels can have this effect, since it makes our bodies respond differently to the substances that should not be consumed while pregnant - even if it's just a simulation (i.e. the pill).

Not trying to suggest anything! :flowerforyou: Just offering a few cases in which diet coke has tasted bad to me.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options

GTO's Rocket Fuel:

8 oz. Diet Mountain Dew
    1 shot vodka (I prefer Skyy)
    Crushed ice

Pour the vodka into a glass filled with ice. Add the Diet Dew and stir just until blended. Take a sip and you are cleared for liftoff!
  • BlackBeltLJ
    BlackBeltLJ Posts: 190
    Options
    I am another diet coke fanatic- 2 a day- lunch and snack- pepsi gives me the burbs and more:embarassed:

My GS know that when we are camping that two necessities are a case of DC for me and a case reg pepsi for my assistant- neither of us drink coffee and if you have ever been camping with a bunch of kids- caffeine is a must!:noway: