Women only, PLEASE

Options

Replies

• sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. 2 weeks is not long enough to judge progress. If after 2 months the same thing is happening, then reevaluate what you're doing. As for the menstrual problem, I'm sorry I can't help. My bc pills make me truer than a swiss timepiece.
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    ......uh...........you're sure your not pregnant??
  • mrsna
    mrsna Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I eat between 1100 and 1200 calories per day and excercise almost daily. I struggle to lose 1-2 pounds a week. I was diagnosed with Graves disease and had to take radio-active iodine to make my thyroid inactive. I take replacement daily and according to my doctor my levels are "normal." However, it's just not the same. It's always a struggle. I started a litte over a year ago to lose the weight I put on through the health issues. I lost about 25 pounds and then my doctor changed my dose. I ended up giving up and gained back everything I had lost. I had to start all over again this year. It is still a struggle but I am taking steps to hang in there. I am currently organizing an office challenge to keep myself motivated through the holidays. I have to really watch the sodium. I can feel when I eat foods high in sodium. My body is extremely sensitive. Cut the sodium and hang in there! Don't give up! You can do this!
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    ......uh...........you're sure your not pregnant??

Not unless I'm the virgin Mary.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    You're eating a LOT of carbs. If I ate like that, I would plateau. If I can aim for 40% carbs and keep it under 50%, my weight loss goes much better.

I also notice that you are way under your net calories. Again, I do this too sometimes if I'm not very hungry. It's not until I start eating more of them back that my weight goes down consistently.
  • Rheenz
    Options
    I was having the same struggles until I discovered I have a gluten allergy. I cut out gluten and then most carbs, did a fat fast and BOOM... I feel amazing.
  • jcmartinez827
    Options
    Don't be discouraged! I was told by a weight loss doctor that sometimes you don't see the changes right away but eventually everything you're doing catches up and you'll see it! It's so hard for women to lose weight! Don't give up!
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Have your doc do a hormone blood workup. I'm imbalanced and because of that I don't even get TOM unless I induce it with hormones. I also am on meds now for high BP and have lost almost 30 lbs since all that. Sometimes if one or two things are off it's all stuck
  • Aross1219
    Options
    When I did weight watchers they would lower the points you could have after losing a bunch of weight. In your case you may need to go back and recalculate what your calories should be with your current weight since you have lost so much!!!
  • sylwheat
    Options
    I did the same thing, no weight loss for almost 3 weeks. Increased my calorie intake by 200 and up'd my protein. I drank more water and this past week I lost 1 pound. It doesn't seem fair that after 3 weeks of hard work, 1 pound - but I think you have to break the same ole same cycle. Give it a little boost and don't give up. That's what we are all here for!! :flowerforyou:
  • mell6355
    mell6355 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I must be missing something.... You have been on the "plan" for two weeks and you have lost 6 pounds?? That seems pretty awesome to me! I have also been on the plan for two weeks and I have lost 6 pounds, that is 3 a week and I am feeling good!! I thought people were supposed to aim for 2 lbs a week, as a healthy weight loss?!? I am doing a biggest loser at work and I am hoping that I can keep up with my 3 lbs a week for an end loss of 30 pounds in 10 weeks! Anymore than that I would think would be reason for concern!
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    Cut your sodium and drink MORE water. You do not have to gain weight just because its that TOM. I lose 1-3 lbs every week without an issue even during that time. Your sodium is almost always over the (already) really high limit set by MFP. Sodium will cause you to retain water thus slowing your loss rate. The bloated feeling you have is quite likely due to the water retention because of the sodium and lack of water :)
    I will second all of that! :flowerforyou:
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Wait til TOM comes and goes before weighing yourself again, I easily gain 5 pounds the week of, and when it's irregular, even more. Evil rotten.
    Like so many others mentioned, cutting back on sodium and upping my water during it makes it disappear right away though.
  • BamaGirl777
    Options
    I think you will need to lower your sodium intake and drink more water, just by looking at your food diary. You can
    do this.
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with the previous posters regarding sodium intake. There were a few days where your sodium was over 2500mg. I'm currently trying to keep mine under 2000, and it's not easy. Cutting out a lot of processed foods and upping my water intake has helped me a lot.

For example, on my weigh in on Friday, I was down. Yay! Cut to Sunday morning, I was up a little over a pound. There's no way I ate that much to gain a pound in a 24 hr period WITH an exercise class AND walking on Saturday.

I looked at my diary, and my sodium intake was easily through the roof. To get the bloat down, I'm focusing on my water and trying to keep my food more whole - i.e. leafy greens, fruit and veggies, grilled chicken breasts without much seasoning. The scale is finally starting to budge again. If that doesn't work, it might be time to address with your Doctor.
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I must be missing something.... You have been on the "plan" for two weeks and you have lost 6 pounds?? That seems pretty awesome to me! I have also been on the plan for two weeks and I have lost 6 pounds, that is 3 a week and I am feeling good!! I thought people were supposed to aim for 2 lbs a week, as a healthy weight loss?!? I am doing a biggest loser at work and I am hoping that I can keep up with my 3 lbs a week for an end loss of 30 pounds in 10 weeks! Anymore than that I would think would be reason for concern!
    She said she hasn't lost anything the past two weeks, I'm assuming the 6 pounds on her tracker are from before 2 weeks ago :)
  • mell6355
    mell6355 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Says joined 9/2012.
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I joined almost 3 weeks ago. I lost 6 pounds (I guess water weight) to begin with... and, I've been stuck for close to 2 weeks since then.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    That's not stuck a long time. A pound a week is just . . . a pound a week. You're averaging better than that.
  • staciva
    staciva Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    PCOS can completely change your periods dramatically. The hormones play havoc with your body and can cause you to hold onto fat which makes estrogen and thus will make you hold on to fat. PCOS is very common in women who are overweight. I agree with the post about carbs - decrease your carbs and increase your protein - dramatically. WATER, WATER, WATER and when you think you are about to float away, drink some more. Get the sodium out of your diet - no processed foods. And start resistance training - this will increase your testosterone to balance the estrogen. (And no, you won't turn into a muscle bound cretin.) You may notice a slight increase in your weight as you build muscle - because muscle weighs more than fat. However, the long term goal is the prize here and the more muscle you have, the more calories you will burn throughout the day overall. Also, make sure you are getting enough good sleep. Turn off the computer 20 minutes prior to bed - new study out that correlates the blue light from the screen to decreased melatonin. If you need to turn off your mind at night, read a book or play cards - I mean an actual book or actual playing cards. Do some journaling (again with actual paper and pencil). Maybe spend a few minutes each night writing down five things you did well that day (even if one is flossing your teeth), and five things you are grateful for and five things you are proud of or like about yourself. These will help foster a positive thought train for you.