Favorite Low Cal Snacks

Options

Replies

• shellyk972
    shellyk972 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Popcorn Indiana kettle corn.. http://www.popcornindiana.com/products/original-kettlecorn

2 cups= 130 calories
  • specialemy
    specialemy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I like croutons...because of the crunch, and 5 of them is 30 calories. Also Laughting Cow Light, Creamy Swiss wedges, they are 35 calories each - just bought a whole stack of them at Costco ;)
  • eecruzmd
    eecruzmd Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Cucumber
    Peanut Butter
    Tuna
    Yogurt
    Cottage Cheese
    1/2 cup of cornflake 50 cals

not all together of course
  • actg95
    actg95 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your Steelers Emblem! I am a MAJOR fan! :)

As for snacks, I like cheese - at night, my favorite night time snack is to take some shredded cheese, spread it on a plate and microwave it for 30 - 60 seconds (depending on amount and microwave you are using.) I really like the edges when they are chewy - not burnt, but chewy. :)

I also like nuts...if I need protein, it isn't a ton, but it helps.
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    i love having half a joseph's lavish bread(only 50 cals) w/ 1 tsp of pb and a banana..delish
    also I love tuna with 1/4 of an avacado and a splash of lime juice wrapped in lettuce. and of course veggies with hummus but i make sure to portion out just a tbsp of hummus cause i love it and I would keep eating it!! lol
  • bet3120
    bet3120 Posts: 125
    Options
    my favorite low snacks:

apple
    Chobani greek yogurt
    herbal tea, green tea my favorite
    granola
    Energy club trail mix
    stila apple and cinnamon
    fruits
    etc
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I do this too but i do 1/2 cup quick cooking oats, 1/2 scoop of choc protein powder 1 cup of water and when its done cooking i add i tsp of natural pb and half of a banana...yummy!
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Popcorn
    Grapes
    Raspberries
    Greek yogurt
    SMALL piece of dark chocolate...:glasses: :bigsmile:
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Right now my favorite snack is imitation crab meat. You get 1/2 a cup for 90 calories. I also love string cheese!

What low calorie snacks are you eating? I need ideas.

LOVE THIS! I used to eat it all the time. Then I forget about it!!
  • Jenism1
    Jenism1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Tuna lettuce wraps

Combine 1 small can tuna with lemon pepper and lemon juice (to taste)

Use 1 romaine lettuce leaf and fill with tuna mixure, sliced cucumber and sliced tomato. Wrap and enjoy!

That sounds awesome!! Thank you!
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Pistachios, cashews, roasted peanuts (the ones you shell like at ball games), Emerald Coacoa Roast almonds, Clif Bars (peanut butter), Chocolate Syntha 6 Protein shakes (tastes great with water or milk), Kashi pumpkin spice granola bars, bananas.

A good frozen treat that keeps me away from real ice cream is the coconut bars from Dole or Blue Bell, they are 110 cals per bar and are made with real coconut.

Smoothies, I love smoothies! Smoothie Factory has some of my favorites if I’m out and about or need some quick calories after a workout at my gym since there’s one a couple doors down from my gym.

At home, I make smoothies in a variety of ways depending largely on what I have on hand. I usually try to keep frozen strawberries, mango, & blueberries on hand. I peel & freeze bananas. The reason I use all frozen fruit is that I don’t have to use any or much ice, which I prefer because they come out way creamier. So, I toss in the berries/fruit, about 3-6oz of yogurt or an individual cup if I don’t have the pint, usually a splash of milk, orange juice, coconut juice or whatever type of juice I have on hand, and I was using Spiru Tein protein powder, the vanilla. Sometimes I’ll toss in some plain almonds & or flax seed as well, but I don’t like the little bits of stuff honestly and prefer not to add those textures to my smoothie, although they are great healthy additions.
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Two slices of Bacon. Once a day, FTW. :heart:

I wish! I probably would if I actually took time to cook in the morning....I guess I could just fry up a pound every Sunday to have for the week....

Chocolate covered bacon....oh wait, low cal....I think I got off point.
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I read an article on top 10 snacks. #1 was beef jerky #2 triscuits (6 for 120 cals, fiber helps with hunger) I eat mine with light chive cream cheese #3 string cheese

Ahhh I LOVE triscuits! But they are like chips to me. Hard to keep the portions in check.
  • zoeluiisa
    Options
    Another great DIY creation is homemade "ice cream." Freeze half a banana then blend it with 1 cup of almond milk makes the most amazing sorbet--no ice cream maker needed! i've also tried the same thing with strawberries and mangoes. Banana works best but they all make a great creamy ice cream for only about 80 cals.

Love this!
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your Steelers Emblem! I am a MAJOR fan! :)

As for snacks, I like cheese - at night, my favorite night time snack is to take some shredded cheese, spread it on a plate and microwave it for 30 - 60 seconds (depending on amount and microwave you are using.) I really like the edges when they are chewy - not burnt, but chewy. :)

I also like nuts...if I need protein, it isn't a ton, but it helps.

Seriously! Everyone has always thought I was crazy when I talked about the cheese on the plate! So friggin good! :)
  • fibronut
    Options
    What is protein fluff? And Fridge Raiders?
  • MelidaTatiana
    MelidaTatiana Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome forum topic! makes eating healthy sound yummy! I will sure be looking in here throughout this journey :)
  • zoeluiisa
    Options
    who hasn't heard of Imitation crab meat?
    Um, me. I'm sorry, does that make me stupid? :grumble: Or is it perhaps that people eat different things in different places?

We have tinned crab meat here, but it's made from actual crab. I've never seen a tin of imitation crab.
  • alikat517
    alikat517 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I love Kroger brand Carbmaster yogurt- right now my favorite flavor is the carrot cake mixed with a dash of cinnamon...mmmm
    I also snack on cheese sticks, fruit, 100 calorie almonds packs (especially the cocoa ones) and if I want a savory snack I mix cottage cheese with a bit of low-fat sour cream and dry ranch mix for a dip with raw veggies.
  • fibronut
    Options
    I like Pepperidge Farm Baked Naturals Simply Multigrain. They taste like Sun Chips. 130 calories for a 1 oz serving, hits the spot for salty and crunchy! They have other flavors, too, like Four Cheese (think Cheez Its), but I like the Simply Multigrain one.

I like grapes, string cheese, cottage cheese, Lego Blueberry waffles...

Have to try that banana/almond milk ice cream. Sounds delish!